No announcement yet.

CANPOL: Today is election day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy with the numbers out in Quebec. Harper's gambit paid off. 30%!
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha

The magic number is 155. If the Liberals and NDP can't combine for it (and they won't), then it doesn't matter that they have more than the Conservatives. Now if the Conservatives and the NDP combine for 155+, then it gets interesting.
      Current standings

Cons 123
      Lib 103
      BQ 50
      NdP 30
      IND 1

1 seat to come?

Real close to 155 but not quite for Cons with NDP on a given issue
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Trying to find the riding by riding results. CBC is spotty so far.
        I know the Newfounland results from a phone call with my mother
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramo
          Why would NDP support the Consies?
          They laid out their grounds for support (for any party) earlier. Basically they stick so hard to their principles that it ends up being a poison pill for the other party.
          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Because the Cons floated some pretty mainstream platforms that the NDP have traditionally supported. Stuff about ethics and oversight, for example. I'd imagine the NDP would support the child care tax credit as well.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

generally they wouldn't ideologically-- but they have tended to be pragmatic and have given support to past minorities (usually the Liberals) in return`for some of their issues being forwarded

Its tougher to see this type of alliance with the cONS AND NDP but is possible on some issues

Comment

• I can't wait to see any party courting Andre Arthur - the independent - in a close vote. That'll be quite a show. That guy only likes the sound of his own voice, and that's on a good day.
                What?

Comment

• The NDP are farther from influence than before.

Take one away from the Tories (the Speaker) and the Tories-NDP make only 152 when they need 154 (155 less the Speaker).
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Woops. Now they're there.

Best if Harper has three parties to deal with.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• What a mess, but there is plenty of election left to go. The liberals can't even make something work with the Bloc.

Only one that works is Bloc and Conservatives.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• The numbers aren't set yet by any means. On the CBC it keeps bumping around near the 155 mark, with 1 seat still to come.
                        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Woops, now they're not.

Wake us up at 2am.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                            The NDP are farther from influence than before.

Take one away from the Tories (the Speaker) and the Tories-NDP make only 152 when they need 154 (155 less the Speaker).
                            They can ask someone from another party to be speaker of the house. Can't see why any of the others would agree though.
                            What?

Comment

• Lots of election to go, but the CBC is having technical difficulties.

Comment

• Ralph Goodale (a Liberal) is lamenting abuse and innuendo in the campaign.

(\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X