Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the pope really know about love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lord of the mark

I did a search for arguments in favor of a married rabbi. Found none. That would be like asking for arguments in favor, of I dont know, rabbis being literate, or drinking coffee in the morning, or keeping in touch with their moms. Why wouldnt they be married? I mean this isnt the kind of question that would even occur to us.

Ok, now - Christians AREN'Tl ike Jews who accept Christ as Messiah - they're members of a thoroughly different civilization. QED. (and apologies to Mordechai Kaplan)
    I think you're mistakingly mixing up Christians with Catholics
    "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
    "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

That would be like asking for arguments in favor, of I dont know, rabbis being literate, or drinking coffee in the morning, or keeping in touch with their moms. Why wouldnt they be married? I mean this isnt the kind of question that would even occur to us.
      Interesting, I would never had thought about that position. To me, I always assumed Rabbis were like priests, and unmarried.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

He guessed, of course. But it sounds good. I've met theology students before, some of them were normal ones (ie probably have had a sexual moment in their life). Why shouldn't those become priests/bishops/cardinals/popes?

Comment

I've met theology students before, some of them were normal ones (ie probably have had a sexual moment in their life). Why shouldn't those become priests/bishops/cardinals/popes?
          Did I say they shouldn't? I find it intriguing that you can seperate the 'normal' from the 'abnormal', along any degree of accuracy.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

The pope could always ask his priests about love.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
            X