Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does the pope really know about love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does the pope really know about love?

I really think the catholic church should allow priests (and popes) to marry. And stop this practice of celibacy. It's inhumane. Not that I know about love, but I know that I don't know (does that make any sense?)

I think it's time for the catholic church to move out of the dark ages.
    Yes
    73.91%
    No
    4.35%
    only bananas
    21.74%

Just educate Popes as to the existence of Usenet and leave them alone for a couple of hours. I don't see where marriage enters into it.

Comment

If they've abandoned the Middle Ages notion that there's a little baby inside the head of every sperm, I don't see what the problem is with them "spilling their seed" by themselves.
      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

When Ratzinger became pope they had loads of radio shows over here and also discussed this very matter. The moderator of one show, while he couldn't tell for Ratzinger, was absolutely certain that Wojtyla (JP2), as long as he still was a student of theology, must have been one average student with an amount of sex as per usual among college students. Just in the moment they become priests do they vow to celibacy. The same probably applies for Ratzinger. As long as you're young, it is your own status that determines the amount of sex you have more than your ideology/belief. That becoming priest thing must be one maturising step for those people.

So all those American young religious ones who vow not to have sex before marriage are quite lost on their path compared to Euro theology students. Even the pope has had more sex than Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
          Just educate Popes as to the existence of Usenet and leave them alone for a couple of hours.
          Or the Apolyton OT Forum.
          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
          2004 Presidential Candidate
          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Dis, I want you to re-write this thread in the form of a song for my new show, "Ratzinger: The Musical". It can't miss!
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

starring bunny:

Everyone Else Has Had More Sex Than Me, a Flash Animated video by Bernard Derriman
              Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
              Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
              Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Why would they want to marry women when they are all homosexuals?
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

What does the pope really know about love?
                  Well, he loves to suck the brains out of babies' skulls with a straw
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I really think the catholic church should allow priests (and popes) to marry. And stop this practice of celibacy. It's inhumane. Not that I know about love, but I know that I don't know (does that make any sense?)

I think it's time for the catholic church to move out of the dark ages.
                    The reasoning behind the position is that a husband has a duty to his wife, and to his family. A priest is free of those concerns and can concentrate on his spiritual bride, the church, and his spiritual family, the parishioners.

I've seen both, and being a pastor's wife is not an easy job.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

So all those American young religious ones who vow not to have sex before marriage are quite lost on their path compared to Euro theology students. Even the pope has had more sex than Ben Kenobi

was absolutely certain that Wojtyla (JP2), as long as he still was a student of theology, must have been one average student with an amount of sex as per usual among college students.
                      How did he make that assessment? I didn't know it was possible just looking at someone to know whether they've been getting any.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

The reasoning behind the position is that a husband has a duty to his wife, and to his family. A priest is free of those concerns and can concentrate on his spiritual bride, the church, and his spiritual family, the parishioners.

traditionally a rabbi who wasnt married, was considered as not fully qualified. We even have a name for the position of rabbi's wife - rebitsyn.

and thus, the following joke:

Just before Rosh Hashanah, a man hears that there's a gay shul in town. He's very excited, gets there, and sure enough, there's a gay chazzan and a gay rabbi, and the congregation, too, is mostly gay. He joins in the service, but is terribly distracted by the handsome young man sitting next to him. Finally, he gives into temptation and puts his hand on the young man's knee.

Immediately, two large men wearing leather jackets under their talleisim rush over, pick him up, carry him out of the sanctuary, and toss him down the stairs onto the street.

"Why did you do that?" he cried. "I thought this was a gay synagogue!"

"It is," replied one of his ejectors, in a deep voice. "But nobody messes with the rebbetzin."
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

No one gives a damn.

Comment

eros risks being "degraded to mere sex"
                            What do folks think of that statement? I would think eros involves quite a bit more then just sex, but I have no clue about the rest of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

My mother is married to a pastor, but that's not her job
                              Sure, it affects her but whatever a husband/wife works with has affects on the marriage

Comment

Working...
                              X