Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw the Liberal campaign ads, and the Liberals are outright lying!

Yes, it is true that the Conservative party held a free vote at their policy convention on abortion in Montreal, but the party voted against submitting a private member's bill on abortion, rather then for, as the ads claimed.

If you are going to tar the conservatives for their 'hidden agenda' make sure you have your facts straight.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I'm going to stick to my earlier prediction of 139, until I have had a chance to recheck all the seats.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
        BQ 60
        Liberal 43
        NDP 40
        Conservative 165
        Baring an intervention by the god of the Christian Coalition candidates running for the Conservatives there is no way for them to get that many seats. Well maybe that is a little extreme, with the NDP numbers rising, the Conservatives could pick up some unexpected seats (like Toronto Centre or Etobicoke Lakeshore). The Liberals would have to loose 92 seats to end up at 43 seats; that just seems unlikely given regional voting patterns and polling results.

The numbers that come out of my mathematical vote swing model can appear unbelievable in some cases, e.g. 50 seats for the NDP, but at least there is some basis for them. What was that about glass houses and throwing stones…?
        ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
        "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
        Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
          I saw the Liberal campaign ads, and the Liberals are outright lying!

Yes, it is true that the Conservative party held a free vote at their policy convention on abortion in Montreal, but the party voted against submitting a private member's bill on abortion, rather then for, as the ads claimed.

If you are going to tar the conservatives for their 'hidden agenda' make sure you have your facts straight.
          Ben in fairness, the ad I saw said

1. Harper will not promise to block a free vote on the issue

and
          2. 70% of Conservative MPs did not support a woman's right to choose

Just an aside but wouldn't it be odd for a PARTY to vote on whether or not the introduce a PRIVATE member's bill?? I thought any member could do that anytime and things like abortion come up from time to time as a matter of course and promptly die.
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Re: Why I will vote conservative today

Originally posted by Flubber
            ...Then we could have another interesting election next time, when it could be the "seen to be not scary" Conservatives against the clean slate Liberals
            After Martin has been ousted from the party you will see the Chretien people come back running. Manley and Tobin will be the first. Martin was the leader of a small faction of the Liberal party: now that he's out, we're going back to the bad old times, not to clean slate Liberals.

Not that i'm voting Libaral anyway...
            What?

Comment

• 500 posts it is... time to start another one
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
              X