No announcement yet.

CanPol: Thread of the Year Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China and the US won't fight a war on the ground. Perhaps some form of limited engagement. In that case, we would also need the transport, quick reaction and C&C capabilities to assist in any meaningful manner on the ground. That would involve a complete overhaul of our capabilities, something we are unwilling to do simply for the possibility that we might want to fight a war against the world's most populous nation 15 000 km from our border.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• If the US fights a limited engagement with China then we'll do what we always do: send a few squadrons of CF-18s to bomb the **** out of the enemy, plus a couple of brigades of light infantry to secure the rear of any captured territory.
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• War on the ground isn't an unrealistic possibility. It's unlikely, but not absurd.

Comment

• South Surrey-White Rock-Cloverdale
          Can't agree, I think Russ Heibert will be fine.

Port Moody-Westwood-Port Coquitlam
          But James Moore is a Progressive. I thought the progressives do better then the social conservatives.

Fleetwood-Port Kells
          Yeah, depends on how much support there is for SSM, and whether the support for Nina Grewal was personal support or party support. I'm not sure that the support for either Grewal was based on their candidacy, and the fact that Nina did better then Grewal, despite being a political unknown would seem to bear that out.

Newton-North Delta
          Considering the hatchet job on Eidsvick? I'll give you this one, but not the other.

New Westminster-Coquitlam
          Paul Forseth might just hold on, but I can certainly see them giving up this seat, even if their numbers hold steady.

Nanaimo-Alberni
          I think Lunney should hold on. He has a 4000 vote margin over the NDP, and this is one of the ridings that the NDP is going to hurt if folks switch to the Liberals to try to keep the conservatives out.

Vancouver Island North
          I'll give this one to you. A tough fight last time. If the Conservatives pull out close ridings that are more traditionally conservative, like North Vancouver and Skeena/Bulkley Valley, then they are likely to lose ridings they just squeaked by last time.

British Columbia Southern Interior
          Another squeaker. I think if they lose in Coquitlam, they should win here. Interior ridings are generally more conservative.
          Last edited by Ben Kenobi; January 5, 2006, 17:48.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
            War on the ground isn't an unrealistic possibility. It's unlikely, but not absurd.
            All-out war on the ground? The invasion of China?

Or do you mean the invasion of Taiwan? Which is unlikely, but not absurd. That's the most likely limited engagement I was talking about.
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• The latter, which could lead to the former.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Can't agree, I think Russ Heibert will be fine.
                You may be right, and it's the Surrey riding the Conservatives have the best shot at, but I think the Liberals will take it.

But James Moore is a Progressive. I thought the progressives do better then the social conservatives.
                They do. That's why he'll lose by about a thousand votes instead of about ten thousand.
                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• New thread.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Seat Prediction

Originally posted by Flinx 2005/12/20
                    Here are my seat predictions based (solely) on polling data collected by The Strategic Counsel between Dec 14 and Dec 19 (n=2750)

Canada .....124 89 28 67  0
                    BC ..........19  9  8  0  0
                    AB............0 28  0  0  0
                    SK MB.........4 15  9  0  0
                    ON...........68 30  8  0  0
                    QC............8  0  0 67  0
                    NB NS PE NL..22  7  3  0  0
                    Here are my seat predictions based (solely) on polling data collected by The Strategic Counsel between Dec 30 and Jan 4 (n=2000)

Canada .....106 109 27 66  0
                    BC ..........10 16 10  0  0
                    AB............2 26  0  0  0
                    SK MB.........4 20  4  0  0
                    ON...........56 39 11  0  0
                    QC............8  1  0 66  0
                    NB NS PE NL..23  7  2  0  0

Feel free to all you like
                    ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
                    "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
                    Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

• You may want to repost it in the new thread.
                      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                        New thread.
                        http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...hreadid=146689
                        ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
                        "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
                        Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

Working...
                        X