Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, and Cincy's defense is nothing to write home about. Ball hawking, yes, but when they don't get their turnovers, they are decidedly average (or worse).
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
      Cincinatti defense is not weak.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Cinci is looking VERY vulnerable after the past couple weeks. I'll be surprised if Pittsburgh doesn't spank 'em.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Me too. The whole team is playing very badly right now.

They are at home, though.

In a division rivalry between two fairly evenly matched teams, they often split the series. This is the third game, so it could go either way.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• Btw, here is the draft order for the non-playoff teams:

1. Houston 2-14
            2. New Orleans 3-13
            3. Tennessee 4-12
            4. New York Jets 4-12
            5. Green Bay 4-12
            6/7. San Francisco 4-12 (subject to coin flip)
            6/7. Oakland 4-12 (subject to coin flip)
            8. Buffalo 5-11
            9. Detroit 5-11
            10. Arizona 5-11
            11. St. Louis 6-10
            12. Cleveland 6-10
            13. Baltimore 6-10
            14. Philadelphia 6-10
            15. Atlanta 8-8
            16. Miami 9-7
            17. Minnesota 9-7
            18. Dallas 9-7
            19. San Diego 9-7
            20. Kansas City 10-6
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Oh, and I almost forgot: Mike Tice is gone at Minny. Dom Capers is about to get canned at Houston. And Chris Mortensen of ESPN is reporting Mike Martz is gone at St. Louis. Also, of course, Dick Vermeil retired from the Chiefs, and Mooch is gone from Detroit.

Will be interesting to see who replaces who. I've already heard that Chief's OC, Al Saunders is replacing Vermeil. Though Detroit really wants Saunders too.

Comment

• I think the Saints and Titans will probably keep their picks as they are, and take Leinart and Young in some order. The New Orleans rookie could likely start immediately, but the Titans rookie QB might wait a year first.

Comment

• I wonder if the Titans will take Leinhart/Young or DeAngelo Williams of Memphis. Williams looks like an LT type of player (small school, huge talent). Though I think they have more faith in Chris Brown than Steve McNair.

If they pass on Williams, the Jets could pick him up. Though they may go offensive line instead.

Comment

• Gregg Williams, who currently holds the title of Assistant Head Coach - Defense with the Redskins, is probably going to become a head coach somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar
                      Gregg Williams, who currently holds the title of Assistant Head Coach - Defense with the Redskins, is probably going to become a head coach somewhere.
                      I've heard that too, but Williams' last Head Coaching stint (with the Bills) wasn't that impressive. Then again, Belichek's last head coaching job before he headed the Pats was horrid (with Cleveland).

Comment

• I think the Colts might look into picking up a better backup running back. Dominic Rhodes just can't move the ball at all. I don't know who will fall to the 32nd pick, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

I've heard that too, but Williams' last Head Coaching stint (with the Bills) wasn't that impressive. Then again, Belichek's last head coaching job before he headed the Pats was horrid (with Cleveland).
                          He had somewhat of a better mentor, though ... for more than the last couple of years, anyway.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• There are rumors that Jimmy Johnson is negotiating his return, supposedly to Detroit as GM/head coach, with Millen being handed his hat.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Clarett wanted on robbery charges
                              Posted: Sunday January 1, 2006 11:20AM; Updated: Monday January 2, 2006 1:13AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- Former Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett was accused of robbing two people at gunpoint in an alley behind a bar early Sunday, the latest trouble for the Buckeyes star who left the school in disgrace and failed to gain early entry into the NFL.

Clarett fled the scene and was wanted on two counts of aggravated robbery. According to police, he left in a white sport utility vehicle with two other men and took only a cell phone from his alleged victims, who weren't injured.

The 22-year-old Clarett fled when the bar owner or manager, who knew both Clarett and the victims, came into the alley and identified him shortly before 2 a.m. Sunday, detectives said.

One alleged victim, Lucas Nyarko, 28, told The Columbus Dispatch that he could not identify Clarett as the man who robbed him. He said his friend identified Clarett after police showed her photographs.

Nyarko said they were approached by a man dressed in black, who told them he needed something. Nyarko said the man pulled up his shirt and showed them a gun tucked in his pants. The man moved the gun to the front of his waistband and told them to empty their pockets.

Nyarko said after he handed the man his cell phone, a woman came out of the nightclub and yelled, "Maurice!" in greeting to the man, who hugged her. He then carried the woman, who police said was bar owner Tashona Corvi, toward the SUV, put her down and got in the vehicle.

Ohio State coach Jim Tressel said he was informed of the incident on his way to the Fiesta Bowl news conference in Scottsdale, Ariz.

"Obviously, my reaction to that is it's sad," Tressel said, "because, as I said the last few times people have brought up the subject, my hope would be that he would have an opportunity to go over to NFL Europe and make a comeback.

"I hope it's not true, but beyond that, I don't know much, but my reaction is, I was sad."

Clarett's cousin, Vince Marrow, told the Dispatch he spoke to Clarett's mother on Sunday.

"She is shocked. She was getting ready to go to church and I told her there was an arrest warrant for Maurice. She was like, 'What?"' he said.

A message was left Sunday at Michelle Clarett's home in Youngstown.

Clarett's agent, Steve Feldman, said Sunday evening he had not yet spoken to his client. "At this point we still don't know what's fact and what's fiction," he said.

Clarett rushed for 1,237 yards and scored 16 touchdowns as a freshman. He helped the Buckeyes win the national championship in 2002, but has found only hard times since.

Clarett sat out the 2003 season after he was charged with misdemeanor falsification for filing a police report claiming that more than $10,000 in clothing, CDs, cash and stereo equipment was stolen from a car he borrowed from a local dealership. He later pleaded guilty to a lesser charge.

Ohio State suspended Clarett for misleading investigators, and for receiving special benefits worth thousands of dollars from a family friend.

In an interview with ESPN The Magazine in November 2004, Clarett said coaches and boosters arranged for him to get passing grades, cars and thousands of dollars while at Ohio State. None of the allegations were verified and Clarett never responded to NCAA requests to be interviewed about them as part of its investigation into Ohio State's athletic program.

Clarett also unsuccessfully challenged the NFL's requirement that players wait three years after high school before turning pro in a case that went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Clarett was chosen by the Denver Broncos in last year's draft, but the team cut him in August.

Tressel said he had spoken with Clarett "three or four times in the last six weeks."

"It's been along the lines of hoping he would have a chance to get things together and make a run at things with NFL Europe," the coach said.

Clarett would have been a senior on this year's Ohio State team, which meets Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl on Monday.

"It's real troubling," Tressel said of Clarett's fall. "Not just with youngsters that it becomes newsworthy, but with any kids who don't go the direction you know they're capable of or hope for them. It's one of the tough things when you compete. Sometimes things work out and you're successful and sometimes it doesn't. That doesn't have you back off from competing and teaching and trying to help people."

This Clarett thing just turned from farce to tragedy. What a waste.

Comment

• I'm so upset that the rams fired Martz. I forsee a complete slide back to mid-90's mediocrity for them now

Comment

Working...
                                X