No announcement yet.

NHL Fantasy League - Game On - Episode IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday's game (Calgary versus Edmonton) should be interesting. Alas, I have a final at 7pm Monday night and another 8am Tuesday, so I won't be able to enjoy the victory.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

It doesn't matter if you score 8 goals a game like Ottawa, if you can beat a team like Ottawa.

Most teams underestimate the power of a solid, defensive game. You get good defensemen and you can shut down the offense of the other team, and take avantage of their relatively weak defensive game.

That's why Calgary beats Vancouver, Edmonton, Ottawa, etc.
      Beat Calgary's ass 2-1 just recently, son.

That's one reason why I say the Oil will play any game you want, but they'll kill ya if you let them skate.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
        Beat Calgary's ass 2-1 just recently, son.

That's one reason why I say the Oil will play any game you want, but they'll kill ya if you let them skate.
        Oooo, a commanding 2-1 victory in a shootout.

How about the 2 games before that? (Hint: They're 3-0 and 3-1 in regulation)

How about the games the season before this one?

You've never scored more than 1 goal against Calgary in regulation, that's not something to be proud of.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Only Edmontonians take pleasure in being ranked below Calgary and Vancouver.

Here's a clue for you and MacTavish: Competing for third place doesn't get you cup.
          Here's a clue for you.

Being two points better than a bunch of kids with a few vets and goaltending in a shambles is no accomplishment.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Here's a clue for you.

Being two points better than a bunch of kids with a few vets and goaltending in a shambles is no accomplishment.
            So you agree Edmonton sucks?

You seem to be giving inconsistent opinions here. If it's no accomplishment to be better than Edmonton, doesn't that mean Edmonton sucks?

Comment

How about the games the season before this one?
              How about them?

How far you wanna go back?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

Comment

So you agree Edmonton sucks?
                  Evidently not, judging by what the players have been able to accomplish despite the problems in their way.

However, I'm not idiot enough to begin claiming supremecy based on one good year and a cup run. It takes a bit more than that to make a team a powerhouse.

Here's a question. If Clagary is so good, why does Calgary trail the Canucks?
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

Here's a question. If Clagary is so good, why does Calgary trail the Canucks?
                    A very crappy start to a very new NHL. Calgary has been better than any other team in the NW division in November and December, and that's why Calgary's been chipping away at Vancouver's lead.

Also, the Canucks are good, which has something to do with it. Edmonton is lucky not to be bottomfeeders, it helps when teams put their crappy goalies in net to play Edmonton.

Comment

My pic is from a year before that. Wanna go back farther, or ahead a year or two?
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

My pic is from a year before that. Wanna go back farther, or ahead a year or two?
                        Nope.

Comment

A very crappy start to a very new NHL. Calgary has been better than any other team in the NW division in November and December, and that's why Calgary's been chipping away at Vancouver's lead.
                          You're like a kid with a sweet tooth.

Don't worry, Cinderella, your dream will end sometime or other.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

You're like a kid with a sweet tooth.
                            I crave the cup, is that so bad?

That's one reason Calgary plays better than Edmonton -- the Oilers are lifeless.

Comment

That's one reason Calgary plays better than Edmonton -- the Oilers are lifeless.
                              Wow, you're a special kind of blind if you can watch those kids and say they're lifeless.

Comment

• Originally posted by dejon
                                Wow, you're a special kind of blind if you can watch those kids and say they're lifeless.
                                Watch the defensemen in front of the net when the puck is being cycled along the boards. They sit there idle just waiting for something to happen. Why are they even on the ice?

Comment

Working...
                                X