Canadian government to fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by notyoueither
    You show 'em Asher. Drop out and demonstrate your powa!
    I'll let this country destroy itself and will rise from the ashes, the Party of Computerist People (PCP) will triumph.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Platform:

Macintoshes to be outlawed
      Frosting of hair by young men to be compulsory
      Philosophy to be outlawed (or at least mocked every day in Commons for 15 minutes)
      Frenchies to be shot
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
        Platform:

Macintoshes to be outlawed
        Frosting of hair by young men to be compulsory
        Philosophy to be outlawed (or at least mocked every day in Commons for 15 minutes)
        Frenchies to be shot
        Frenchies will not be shot on my watch, they're not worth the bullets.

Quebec will be ejected from the country and its currency confiscated. They will be ordered to pay restitution for the money they have funneled from Canadians' pockets over the decades-long duration of their tantrum, or they will be invaded by the military, its people confiscated and sold to slaves to the glorious nation of Finland.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
          I am proudly abstaining from this vote.

. .. . because the Liberals are corrupt, the conservatives are too socially conservative, and the NDP are economic morons.
          Good summary but I'll still vote. To me its generally about choosing from the best of some not so great choices ( sometimes you find a candidate thats worth supporting notwithstanding their party affiliation)

Originally posted by Asher
          Not only because last time I voted it was a 3 hour ordeal involving oathes and scrutiny and accusations of double-voting, .
          Well you were always kinda shady looking . .. I salute the due diligence of the returning officers
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
            Good summary but I'll still vote. To me its generally about choosing from the best of some not so great choices ( sometimes you find a candidate thats worth supporting notwithstanding their party affiliation)
            Please, the same ***** (Diane Ablonczy) has been elected for years on end in my riding. It ain't gonna change.

Comment

• I always vote, and I always vote for fringe candidates.

I feel it's my responsibility to provide the 'within statistical margin of error 1%' on the graph.
              "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
              "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
              "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max Webster

All I have to do is look south over the border and see a conservative goverment that scares the hell out me.

And the people that would actually elect such a leader as bush scare the hell out of me.
                Well, that sort of makes you a pu**y.

But seriously, the differences that serparate the Libs. from the Cons. are pretty minute, and you'll end up splitting hairs by the end. Hell, even the NDP aren't very much different from the others. The only question is where to issue the tax cuts, when and by how much. The real oddball of the group are the Bloc, since their only concern is separation.

Let's be clear, the Conservatives are about as likely to "rollback" Charter Rights as the NDP are to nationalize Walmart. Canada is a centrist country, doing either would be political suicide. So to think that Stephen Harper and the Conservatives are any more akin or likely to emulate the Bush administration than Paul Martin's Liberals is a clear indication of falling for Liberal hype, whether you realize it or not.

Comment

• Quebec will be ejected from the country and its currency confiscated. They will be ordered to pay restitution for the money they have funneled from Canadians' pockets over the decades-long duration of their tantrum, or they will be invaded by the military, its people confiscated and sold to slaves to the glorious nation of Finland.

You sure the Finnish would accept that? They'd more likely take it as an insult...
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• You mean the fact that they hate anyone who isn't white?

The Tories are unelectable. If, by some miracle, they do form a government, it won't last long.

People like NYE (and the rest of the population of Alberta) are political relics, so don't bother listening to their outdated opinions.
                    Oh, I'm sure they hate all the brownies. Especially folks like this:

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• I see a return of actual monarchists as unlikely.
                      Wow, Kuci has never been to Victoria then. There are plenty of folks who vote and are quite happy having a Queen as our head of state. Now the real question is whether they'd rather have a Queen with political power.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Hell I don't need to listen to liberals. All I have to do is look south over the border and see a conservative goverment that scares the hell out me.

And the people that would actually elect such a leader as bush scare the hell out of me.
                        What's so bad about the US? They make more money then we do, and pay fewer taxes.

Comment

• I've met many monarchists in my travels across Canada. I don't see them as currently relevant, or possibly relevant in the future, but they are quite loony.

In which direction is Canada going? I think the Liberals are an overhaul away from another long reign, but the Conservatives too.

Quebec is just too much of a monkey wrench in the federal system. While 50 or so seats in parliament are being wasted by BQ members, the federal government is a joke.

I really kinda hope that Quebec just gets the split done with soon or gives up and accepts its role in Canada, because I dont think anyone profits from this endless tirade.
                          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• The problem with Canadian conservatives is that they threw over a perfectly electable party, in the shape of the old Progressive Conservatives, in favour of a party that is perceived to be the home of Bible-Bashers and homophobes.
                            Uh, the Liberal party has morphed into the Progressive Conservatives? I'm sure Mr. Chretien would have a few words to say about that. The Liberal party is the same ol' same ol' and have in fact been rejected by folks like Mr. MacKay.

Western Canadian social conservatism simply will not fly in Ontario or Quebec, and without one of those, you cannot be elected as the Government of Canada. Western Canadians have to accept that they are politically irrelevant. Ontario and Quebec are where it's at, and that is just a fact.
                            Yes, the western style conservatism of lower taxes, a reformed senate, increased military spending and greater devolution of powers. Reminds me of an old fellow named Ronald Reagan.

If it can work in the US, and in Britain, I can't see why we shouldn't see the same again in Canada. Our taxes are too high, and the fact that we have huge surpluses indicates that the Liberal government is taking too much from Canadians.

If the Conservatives had moved to embrace the old style PC party (relatively socially liberal and slightly to the right of the Liberals on economic issues), they would probably be in power right now. But they didn't. Instead they have focused on a platform that alienates a majority of Canadians, and have topped this off by having the two worst leaders in recent Canadian political history.
                            What platform that alienates the majority of Canadians? Why should fiscal conservatives support the liberals who tax and spend and never provide any relief? Fiscal and social conservatives should be in the party together, there are social conservatives who like increased government spending on their projects who need to be reined in by those who are fiscally conservative.

People out west like to howl and moan, but the fact is that Canada as a whole is a socially liberal and relatively economically liberal society. Unless the Conservatives get rid of their social conservatism, they will never be the Government of Canada. They might squeak in as a minority, but that's living on borrowed time
                            And those who are social conservatives should sit in the back of the bus? I challenge your assertion that the majority of Canadians are so scared of the amazing conservative hidden agenda, when they see their own hard earned dollars squandered.

Comment

• Conservatives: 220 seats
                              BQ: 75 seats
                              Christian Heritage Party: 10 seats
                              NDP: 3 seats
                              Liberals: 0

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Oh, I'm sure they hate all the brownies. Especially folks like this:

Guess who's not running this time around.
                                ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Working...
                                X