Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop equating killing people with a terminating a pregnancy/fetus

maybe you should mind your own business BK

these are difficult PERSONAL decisions to made by the women in question and the doctors involved

NOT YOU
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Abortion is revolting. Most of the people having one should not be procreating. I don't know if making it illegal is the answer though. I would prefer to make birth control more readily available.
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Abortion shows not only a lack of care, but a lack of responsibility. Those having one should also be required to have their uterus removed.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

these are difficult PERSONAL decisions to made by the women in question and the doctors involved

NOT YOU
          how is killing someone a personal decision?

JM
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Where do I say these are easy decisions to make? Secondly, if this is solely a personal decision made by the women alone, why do we hear of young ladies especially pressured by their boyfriends and parents to have an abortion?
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
              Abortion shows not only a lack of care, but a lack of responsibility. Those having one should also be required to have their uterus removed.
              Yeah, and welfare recipients should also be required to go on birth control!

Comment

nerve.com has a pretty interesting discussion going on this week.

It's not quite safe for work, and while it tends to lean on the side of pro-choice (ok, more than lean), at least some of the points it brings up are things to think about.
                B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

NOT YOU
                  if it is not "people" why is it a "difficult personal decision" "traumatic experience"?

When I had a fat lipoma removed from my back it was not a traumatic experience.
                  Is it only traumatic because it is an intrusive surgery, or also for other reasons?

Some people seem to want it both ways, they want it to be not humans, just tissue, a few cells, you know, nothing.
                  But they also want it to be a traumatic experience, personal difficult decision.
                  I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
                    Abortion is revolting. Most of the people having one should not be procreating. I don't know if making it illegal is the answer though. I would prefer to make birth control more readily available.

I wish more so called "pro-life" people thought like you Calig.

If many of these people were truly concerned about preventing unwanted pregnancies from being aborted, they would be passing out condoms and birth control... not trying to take away reproductive rights and health care options. Because many abortions are done to SAVE THE MOTHER'S LIFE. Including an abortion that a family member of mine had.

So I get pissed off when I hear some ignorant religious morons spout off about crap they don't know anything about. Saying they want to outlaw abortions.

Outlawing abortion will not stop abortion. It will only hurt women.

This "pro-life" stance about outlawing abortion is a selfish and morally repugnant position. It sickens me.

I hope that none of those people ever have a family member that is raped or is ever faced with a high-risk pregnancy and is forced to make such a difficult decision to have an abortion. Maybe then those morons will understand it is not about murder.

And a fetus is not a person. It's a lump of cells that does not have a developed brain. It is not aware. Terminating a pregnancy is not the same as killing a person no matter how much these religious fundamentalists say it is.

FACT!
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I wouldn't call myself pro-life Sava. More like anti-unwanted pregnancy.

Fetuses do get to a point at which they are aware though. I agree that in the very early stages they are little more than a lump of cells, but they don't *suddenly* become aware when they are born. It happens gradually as they grow in the womb.

Comment

Gibsie posted an interesting article earlier, I've had a long think about it.

Basically, my opinion is that abortion is, in itself, a horrible thing. An invasive procedure with a relatively high risk to the patient, and a severe psychological trauma afterward. There is also the ethical issue that we've all discussed a million times before.

On the other hand, I consider it to be the womans perogative as to the contents of her womb, particularly under the hopelessly difficult time of an unplanned pregnancy. I'll not digress and give a lengthy, boring explanation why, unless prompted.

It follows from this to one of Gibsie's premises, which is that abortion is a lose-lose situation; a result of no choice rather than choice. Is that to say that they shouldn't have the choice? In my opinion, no, since no matter my emotional revulsion to the trauma it causes to the woman, I cannot bring myself to ignore the logic of the argument that it's her right to decide which one of a bad path to go down, and beside, what makes it the state's right more than hers?

So where to go from here? The answer to me seems rather obvious. More awareness of sexual health, and more knowledge of contraception seems to be the obvious response... educating people in their responsibilities when having sex.

The practice of women using abortions as contraceptions (ignoring the morning after pill which is more contraception that abortion imo) is unacceptable, not least for the strain on the healthcare system for more deserving cases.

It seems to me also that there will always be women who have unwanted pregnancies and who dont want to keep the baby, so abortion as a last resort for them, should be kept as an option. Far better in a clinical environment with counselling, than in a back room and some guy with a coat hanger.

I do think we need to do an awful lot more to support those who have had abortions, it's not like having your tonsils removed there are powerful emotional issues that need to be brought into the open and healed.
                        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                        "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

It seems to me also that there will always be women who have unwanted pregnancies and who dont want to keep the baby, so abortion as a last resort for them, should be kept as an option.
                          What about adoption as a last resort?
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

What about adoption as a last resort?
                            You ever seen the effect on a woman of the choice of adoption? It's not pleasant.
                            "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison

Comment

The only ones who should be given the choice of abortion are those who were not given the choice to have sex.
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Secondly, if this is solely a personal decision made by the women alone, why do we hear of young ladies especially pressured by their boyfriends and parents to have an abortion?
                                Or parents/partners who pressure them not to abort. Apples and oranges.

The only ones who should be given the choice of abortion are those who were not given the choice to have sex.
                                A statement of the conclusion of your argument, and a pretty lame one at that . Would you please care to explain why you think that should be so, and secondly why you consider adoption to be preferable to abortion?

Comment

Working...
                                X