Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well if they do (and I hope they are), it just makes it so much sweeter, especially considering your comments about them with about 4 weeks to go in the regular season .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• WOWOWOW!!!

What a BALSY call by West Virginia!!

4th and 6 in their own territory, less than 2 mins to go, WVU up by 3, and they FAKE the punt! And convert it!!

And unless they fumble it, they've won it!!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Hey, I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong.

It's as much egg on my face as your bet over the Chicago Bears
        CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
        Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
        Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
        Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• Yeah, but no one else believed me on WVU (but Hell, not even I thought they'd pull this out!). The Chicago folks all backed each other on the Bears .

Comment

• YES!!!

It's over!!

West Virginia WINS! 38-35!

Comment

• Yeah, I don't see how USC is going to beat Texas. The whole USC run has been a fluke. They haven't played anyone yet aside from an incredibly overconfident Oklahoma (due to Texas Tech just dominating the Pac 10 #2) last year that beat themselves. Now USC has media hype behind them so Texas won't be too confident. A very young Oklahoma beat the Pac 10 #2 this year and OSU beating ND is a pretty good indicator also. An OSU team that has been really hurt by injuries still took out a Notre Dame team that almost beat USC on the road.
              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• Which injuries did OSU have in the Fiesta Bowl?

And recall that OSU almost beat Texas.

And ND almost beat USC on the ROAD? You obviously didn't watch the game. It was at Notre Dame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Which injuries did OSU have in the Fiesta Bowl?

And recall that OSU almost beat Texas.

And ND almost beat USC on the ROAD? You obviously didn't watch the game. It was at Notre Dame.
                  I added that at the end just to acknowledge that they were on the road.

OSU almost beat Texas, but Texas did a better job against OSU than USC did against ND.

OSU injuries included QBs, O-Line, and D-Line. I forget the names since I don't really follow OSU too much, but they were mentioned if you followed the game.

But really, who had USC beaten, aside from Oklahoma, that is really good during their run?
                  "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

• OSU injuries included QBs, O-Line, and D-Line. I forget the names since I don't really follow OSU too much, but they were mentioned if you followed the game.

Um... what? Please give me those names, because you are full of ****. Troy Smith was perfectly healthy in the Fiesta Bowl. You know, the star QB of the game.

But really, who had USC beaten, aside from Oklahoma, that is really good during their run?

Since you have no respect for the Pac-10, what does it matter? You'll say the team sucks no matter who it is. But for one, UCLA was better than any team, save OSU, that Texas beat all year. If you had forgotten, the Big XII sucked this year.

Both teams have question marks as a result of their schedules, but you can't look at both teams schedules and say that you can't see how X can win because their schedule was so weak. You can say that for either team.

Comment

• LOL! Now some Georgia fans are saying the fake punt was 'obvious' and are blaming their coaches for losing the game on that call!

Comment

• Cotton Bowl: SEC's #2/3 barely beats Big 12's number 2.
                        Forth Worth Bowl: Shouldn't even really be mentioned...
                        Champs Sports Bowl: Great ACC (the beat three teens ranked teams) barely slips past an average Big 12 team.
                        MasterCard Alamo Bowl: Team worse than Colorado beats the Big 10's 3rd best
                        Pacific Life Holiday Bowl: Hahahahaha
                        Independence Bowl: Average Big 12 Team beats one of the better SEC teams
                        EV1.net Houston Bowl: Yeah, hopefully TCU will replace Baylor sometime in the future

Aside from the Forth Worth Bowl, the Big 12 Team was the underdog. Every opponent except Clemson had a better in conference record than the Big 12 Team. Yet every game except TCU, it was either really close or the Big 12 Team won.

While the Big 12 didn't have any BSC contenders this year aside from Tech, they did show that their unranked teams could take on ranked teams of the other conferences pretty well. The Pac 10 is questionable if even one of their teams aside from USC should be ranked.

Comment

• What an enjoyable day of football, several close games.
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by Apocalypse
                            Cotton Bowl: SEC's #4 barely beats Big 12's number 2.
                            Independence Bowl: Average Big 12 Team beats average SEC team
                            Fixed. Auburn, Georgia and LSU were the SEC's top three teams this year, not in any particular order. You could make a case for Alabama being #3 as far as bowl selection, but no higher. Cap One gets the first non-BCS SEC pick. Then the Peach, Cotton and Outback share the next three. The Outback gets first refusal on an East team and the Cotton on a West, so Alabama could be considered ahead of LSU. Doesn't change that they weren't as good as LSU, though.

On South Carolina, sixth in a twelve team league seems about average to me.
                            Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• While I'm at it, Apoc, that "great" Clemson team also lost to three unranked teams and finished 7-4. I understand that you want to put your argument in the best light here, but that's a bit of a stretch. I'm not as well versed on Big Ten ball, but it would seem that, with three other teams winning 10, calling 7-win Michigan the third best in that conference is a bit of a stretch, too.
                              Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• The Pac 10 is questionable if even one of their teams aside from USC should be ranked.

In addition to what Solomwi has posted, this portion of your post is simply bias. I don't see how anyone can claim that UCLA doesn't deserve to be ranked.

And Clemson, a great ACC team? They finished behind Miami, Virginia Tech, Florida State and Boston College. They were 4-4 in conference play.

And how in the world is Michigan the 3rd best team in the Big 10?!! Have you heard of the schools Penn State, Ohio State, and Wisconsin? And Northwestern actually finished above Michigan. So Michigan was actually the 5th best team in the Big 10.

Comment

Working...
                                X