This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Guynemer
    I'm still tickled by the thought of the Fightin' Mormons playing their bowl game in Las Vegas.

Ever been to Vegas? You'll see almost as many Utah plates as you will Nevada plates.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
      This is really delicious. Brady Quinn played against AJ Hawk in peewee football!
      And if the David Greene/David Pollack experience taught us anything, it's that this will be played up ad nauseam throughout the broadcast.
      Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Michigan vs. Nebraska in the Alamo. Oh, Drake...

Should be a fun game. While both Michigan and Nebraska are mediocre this year, it's always nice to see history-laden programs duking it out. I just wish this was 1997 instead of 2005...
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Solomwi
          And if the David Greene/David Pollack experience taught us anything, it's that this will be played up ad nauseam throughout the broadcast.
          You don't have to go searching far for things to play up. Notre Dame and OSU are playing for only the 5th time, even though they are on each others' doorsteps. One of best defenses against one of best offenses, etc.

Also, Notre Dame could pass Michigan in best all time winning percentage. (Go Nebraska!)
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• Go Irish! Michigan and OSU deserve to go down together...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Solomwi

C'mon, Donegeal, have a little more faith in your boys.

Up for an avatar bet on the game?
              Sure! I bet my team looses... big.

I may be a Badger Fan, but I know our limits, and we exceeded them much of the year. It won't happen this time.
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                Michigan vs. Nebraska in the Alamo. Oh, Drake...

Should be a fun game. While both Michigan and Nebraska are mediocre this year, it's always nice to see history-laden programs duking it out. I just wish this was 1997 instead of 2005...
                Again, mediocre is a little harsh on both counts. I don't know if I've ever seen a 7-4 team be so close to 11-0, while being equally close to 4-7. In the final analysis, 7-4 seems right. Regardless, up for a bet? With a healthy Michael Hart in the backfield, I like my chances.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I think it's more than a little harsh to label Michigan mediocre this year. They played 3 of the top 5 teams, after all, and beat 1 out of the top 5.

Compare to Ohio State and Notre Dame, neither of which beat teams that highly ranked.
                  Last edited by DanS; December 5, 2005, 10:37.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• But they did beat Michigan. The Wolverines helped out with previously-rare breakdowns (red-zone turnovers vs. the Irish, late fourth-quarter collapse vs. the Buckeyes), but they did beat 'em fair and square. Probably the most impressive win for both of 'em, at that.

That said, both the Irish (vs. USC) and the Buckeyes (vs. Texas) had a loss in which they were more impressive than they were in their respective victories in Ann Arbor.

Comment

• Yes, I agree with all that. Last night, I rewatched the 4th quarter of the ND - USC game (again) and it still amazes me that ND lost.

DVRs are evil.

Comment

• That was probably the greatest sequence of exciting football I've ever seen, starting with ND's TD drive to take the lead late; and I was already screamed out from the ending to Penn State-Michigan.

I can only hope that the Detroit Lions don't win another game so they might get a shot at Reggie Bush or Matt Leinhart.

Hard to imagine what USC will be like next year without them.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS

You don't have to go searching far for things to play up. Notre Dame and OSU are playing for only the 5th time, even though they are on each others' doorsteps. One of best defenses against one of best offenses, etc.

Also, Notre Dame could pass Michigan in best all time winning percentage. (Go Nebraska!)
                          But none of those have the vomit-inducing heartstring appeal that two guys on the field having played together or against each other in little league does.

Donegeal... considering our aversion to beating anybody by a lot of points, I'm leery of giving you too many points. I will go with whatever the kickoff line is if you want to do that, though.

Comment

• Regardless, up for a bet? With a healthy Michael Hart in the backfield, I like my chances.

I like your chances too. Nebraska has the potential to beat Michigan, but they've been so maddeningly inconsistent this year that I would never bet on them to do so.
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Prediction: No bets get made in this thread and Nebraska and Wisconsin pull off the wins.

Comment

• Wanna bet?

Comment

Working...
                                X