• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ming

he has lost control of the team
    Thats been obvious since Loveboatgate.

Comment

Chargers survive against KC.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
        I won week 3? How the hell did that happen?
        I forgot to play!

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Chargers are 4-4 with the toughest 1st-half schedule in the league. They are a team to be feared.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

One of my all-time favorite trash novels is Thomas Thompson's Celebrity, a novel about 3 friends growing up in Fort Worth TX who became famous - one is a pundit, the second is a preacher, the third is a football player/actor.

Mack Crawford was the football player. He had a breakout season at Texas, became famous and let it go to his head. His senior year, he didn't focus on football as much as his opportunity to get his picture on the cover of Life magazine.

(Be patient... I'm going somewhere with this)

In the final game of a pretty crappy season, a despondent Mack decided, in the course of running a play, to take out the season's frustrations by purposely running into a much larger tackle, when he could've ran out of bounds. Mack was severely injured, his football season (and given the technology back in the 1950's, his career) over when his ligaments were torn.

I thought about Mack Crawford when I saw Dante Culpepper go down. Star player, had a great season last year, sucking it up this year (to the point where ESPN is running "what's wrong with Dante" pieces on Sportscenter), decides to run straight into three guys rather than sliding.

Well, he's out for the year. Three torn ligaments in his knee and that's all she wrote.

Just like Mack Crawford.

Then came confirmation Monday that quarterback Daunte Culpepper will miss the rest of the season with a devastating injury to his right knee. Not exactly the news a 2-5 team needed to hear. "This is just another hurdle we have to overcome," coach Mike Tice said.

Culpepper, a three-time Pro Bowl pick coming off a career year whose effectiveness had fallen off dramatically this season, tore his anterior cruciate, medial collateral and posterior cruciate ligaments in Sunday's 38-13 loss at Carolina.

Link

Comment

One of the guys on Around The Horn yesterday said maybe Daunte's faking it, just can't take playing for Tice without Moss, Onterrio, and Birk. (Yes, he was joking.)
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                  I can't believe the Rams won, missing their QB, top 2 WRS and their top defensive player, and their head coach. And giving up what 220+ rushing and 3 ints? goddamn.
                  Steven Jackson

Rams coaching

Offensive line
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

A new week... The Bears play in the late afternoon... sigh... I much prefer to have them play the early game.

It should be a good match up for the Bears. New Orleans is having their troubles...

da BEARS!
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

da BEARS!

I will be wearing the shirt!!
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Early game here is Chiefs-Raiders. Expecting fireworks offensively, but so far... not so much.

Comment

A fumble by Justin Griffiths (he got hit HARD) prevented the Falcons from going up 14-0. Right now 7-0, Vick is 7 out of 7 for 77 yards. But the running game isn't working that great.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I know... I'm glad they're showing that game, because that's probably the most important game of the week for me and Berz in our Fantasy match at FFZ
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Whew! Penalties almost hurt the Falcons... but still a TD 14-7. Vick is 11/14 for 132 yards and 1 TD. He's looking very good in the pocket.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

**** **** ****!

Another fumble... Allen Rossem gives the ball to the Fins on the 15 yard line

Comment

Working...
                                X