No announcement yet.

Catholic Church no longer swears by truth of the Bible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZOMFG TEH RATZINGER IS BECOMING ATHEIST!!!

THE hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church has published a teaching document instructing the faithful that some parts of the Bible are not actually true.
    I never believed in these Jesus tales anyway. Or the Flood. Or that creation thing, which already sounds fishy and suspicious.

Comment

Apocalypse and MosesPresley are both correct. I also went through 12 years of Catholic Schools, with DAILY religion classes. The Catholic Church has not taught the literal Bible since at least 1965. I have no idea when the actual transition occured.
      The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
      And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
      Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
      Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Moral relativism
        får jag köpa din syster? tre kameler för din syster!

Comment

Originally posted by Bill3000
          Originally posted by Apocalypse
          The Catholic Church has long said that not everything in the Bible is true.

Since when?

At least since Aquinas, probably before him as well.
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Al'Kimiya
            Moral relativism
            Moral relativism
            "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
            "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
            Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
              Originally posted by Apocalypse
              The Catholic Church has long said that not everything in the Bible is true.

Since when?

At least since Aquinas, probably before him as well.
              I'd say at least since St Augustine.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I am not surprised since the Catholic Church has long rejected Sola Scriptura.
                'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
                G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

what rock have you people been living under?

this has been catholic teaching for years and years, my whole life, nothing new here. I remember being taught in kindergarten at a catholic school nearly 40 years ago that Noah's ark, and Adam and Eve, and Cain and Able were just stories that taught us things about God and moral lessons.

the reason you think otherwise is the noisy catholic fringe dwellers that say a lot but don't know much - like Heresson and that recent convert, what's-his-name.
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Al'Kimiya
                    Moral relativism
                    Aquinas wasn't a moral relativist. It's entirely possible to believe in (the existence of) an objective moral code while rejecting facile tenets like that of biblical inerrancy.
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                      the reason you think otherwise is the noisy catholic fringe dwellers that say a lot but don't know much - like Heresson and that recent convert, what's-his-name.
                      Mel Gibson?

Comment

Ben Kenobi
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Old news. About 500 years old.
                          Ich bin der Zorn Gottes. Wer sonst ist mit mir?

Comment

Moral relativism
                            Bill3000
                            Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                            Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                            Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Sola Scriptura says that the bible is the sole authority for faith and morals, which is something that the Catholic church doesn't agree, rather they say scripture and tradition is how it must work. As for the account in genesis, there are many cases of symbolic language throughout that is used to describe how things are created. You don't go to Genesis for a scientifically accurate account, but that doesn't mean that it's just a story.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

More reasons why Catholics are better than Protestants

Comment

Working...
                                X