No announcement yet.

Sex gives teenagers depression - or how to bend data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't it diddly****? Besides, unless Mom's virus is acting up again, there should be nothing wrong with your upcoming visit to a suicide booth.
    B♭3

Comment

I didn't know there was a correct spelling for "diddly****"

what is "Mom's virus"?

I wish there were suicide booths
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Wow, I won't make fun of your lack of taste anymore, since you're quite unfamiliar with the way of the Bender. It'd be like using a machete on a piece of brie.
        B♭3

Comment

are you talking about Futurama?

I saw that show a few times... it was good, but I never was motivated to watch it. I never knew what time it was on to tell you the truth.

But you making fun of my "lack of taste" (you, a fan of the retarded show Lost ) is exactly like using a machete on a piece of brie... only the piece of brie is the size of Jupiter.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What Fox did to many of its more promising shows is a .

As far as your lack of taste, it's a that those with the worst cases of it also tend to be the most blind to their fault. It's okay, Sava. I understand your plight, and I forgive you.
            B♭3

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

!
                B♭3

Comment

They all seem like the result of low self-esteem and insecurity.

That may be true for girls, but insecure guys with low self-esteem wouldn't be getting any, particularly at 14.
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Which is why it says:

For example:
                    # Girls who had experimented with drugs and sex were two to three times more likely to become depressed than those who abstained.
                    # Boys who used marijuana were more than three times as likely to become depressed as nonusers.
                    # Boys who engaged in binge drinking were nearly five times more likely to become depressed than abstainers.
                    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                      It's not really that surprising that sex can cause depression, especially among young adults who might not be ready to handle all the baggage that goes along with sex.
                      Very true.

Of course, if you are inclined to depression, aren't you also more inclined to try out things that are supposed to make you feel better?

Although I wonder--- aren't teens already prone to depression? Couldn't you just do a survey with 10K teens, then visit them again in a year and survey them and see how many had accidentally slammed into a door, then got depressed during that years time? I bet you could find a higher likelihood of depression among teens that had an accident with a door then those that didn't as well.
                      Last edited by Darkstar; September 29, 2005, 02:35.
                      -Darkstar
                      (Knight Errant Of Spam)

Comment

How to bend data is right.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
                          Sex CAUSES depression?

I'm more inclined to believe the lack of sex is the real cause.
                          Once you have had sex you'll be in a better position to judge.
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Does excessive drinking cause depressions or do depressions cause excessive drinking?
                            Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

we must ask the chicken

Comment

It is only a matter of time before Jerry Falwell starts ranting that fags cause depression.
                                I didn't know he was so against smoking.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X