Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Az Presents: The "OMFG Why are those people on my side of the argument" Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Az Presents: The "OMFG Why are those people on my side of the argument" Thread.

Well, well, well, Hello there!

As I've accumulated more and more forum time debating insane rightwingers, crazy postmodernists, disgusting religionists and fanatic treehuggers, I've repeatedly found myself in the creepy situation of having to temporary be the cobelligerent of, well, insane rightwingers, crazy postmodernists, disgusting religionists and fanatic treehuggers. Also, there is the fun case of people who are on your side but have no clue what they're talking about.

Share your stories.

As per the rules of the forum, let's try to keep stories about active ACS forum members to a minimum.
    urgh.NSFW

If you never have to ally yourself to someone whom you hate, then your views are simply to doctrainaire and boring to count.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Re: Az Presents: The "OMFG Why are those people on my side of the argument" Thread.

Originally posted by Az
      As per the rules of the forum, let's try to keep stories about active ACS forum members to a minimum.
      Let me just say that "MINIMUM" is even too much... If you use this thread to bash members of this forum, you will be restricted... so I highly recommend you speak in generalities... because if there is even a HINT that you are bashing a member here... TOAST TIME!
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I am really trying to think on a non-poly case of this happening, but the last time I had such discussions was in college, and it has been three years....

Comment

Yeah, btw, people who are not posting on the forum anymore, we can use them as an example, right?

nice x-post.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

I agree with Ming.

I do not wish to make any further comments.

Comment

Fricking awesome, because it took me a while.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

There's this Az guy, who keeps saying these annoyingly sensible things, for a commie

Comment

you left out ardent atheists and crazy commies. I wonder why.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

And so it begins..(the end of the thread I mean)

Comment

well compared to me, everyone is a moron...

so it's only natural that some morons will agree with me
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

There's this Az guy, who keeps saying these annoyingly sensible things, for a commie

Right back at you, Kuci.

Now, let me say this again - I don't mind agreeing with smart people that have different opinions, but at times agree with me, defending positions I hold together with the thought-deficient is what bothers me. What do you do if someone defends something you believe is right using the stupidest argument ever?

I get this at other forums a lot:

You can use PMs, but often these people don't heed the call, so you have to publicly break line, and attack your own.

Also, they claim things that are blatantly false, and that's just mindbogglingly infuriating, because it leaves you in the silly position of having to ditch a comrade in trouble - because you obviously cannot argue the case for an arguement you know is false. That would be the complete loss of your own intellectual integrity before yourself, and the loss of respect of the forum in the case you're arguing against someone who knows their stuff to some degree.

What's a boy to do?
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

I'll occasionally find myself agreeing with a gay poster, but in these situations I just reverse my opinions to avoid turning teh gay.
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Re: Az Presents: The "OMFG Why are those people on my side of the argument" Thread.

Originally posted by Az
                            Also, there is the MrFun case of people who are on your side but have no clue what they're talking about.
                            Fixed
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

mings gonna give you a beat down!
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X