TSN reports NHL deal to be announced today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanS
    The quality of play in the NHL probably has been declining because of expansion. 30 rosters.
    That and the coaches are too smart for their own good, making game plans that make the game dull.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I was trying to get the ratings numbers for HNIC (Hockey Night in Canada) to give the Americans an idea of just how big Hockey is in Canada, compared with football, and it's usually around 10 times the viewership. It would be proportional to getting an audience of 30 million in the US.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

To be honest, I'm sort of wonder why Canadians like the NHL so much. Most of the teams are in American cities.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

In my case, when i was just a boy of 7 or so, the Montreal Canadiens won their 92-93 cup. That was huge for me.

It doesnt matter what the rules are, or who the players are, or what their making. If I see something resembling hockey being played by a bunch of guys in the Bleu Blanc et Rouge, i'll have to cheer.

In my case, I cheer for the laundry, as the saying goes.

Comment

Well, we tend to watch the Canadian teams. Even when there were only 6 teams in the league, 4 of the 6 were American.

My team has, and always will be the Vancouver Canucks. Like Ninot, I used to wear the pumpkin orange.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
              My team has, and always will be the Vancouver Canucks. Like Ninot, I used to wear the pumpkin orange.
              I don't care what anyone says, Vancouver jerseys always look awesome.

And they put on a great show in 94.

Comment

Comment

That is an ugly jersey. Unique, but ugly.

However, maybe ugly is intimidating.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

My favorite was Buffalo. Before you groan consider that I grew up watching the French Connection (Perreault, Martin, Robert). End to end hockey that you just don't see anymore.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Tuberski:

They used to have blue uniforms. The theory went that bright orange would keep the players better motivated then blue.

Comment

Well, ABC uses a mustard yellow color in their advertising to help soothe people and keep them on the channel.

They are barely beating FOX.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                          To be honest, I'm sort of wonder why Canadians like the NHL so much. Most of the teams are in American cities.
                          It's still a fundamentally Canadian game with by far the largest contigent of players coming from Canada. A tremendous number of the players on the US teams grew up playing minor hockey in Canada
                          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Compare the Canucks jersey with the Habs one, and you'll see why ninot calls them the bleu blanc et rouge.

Comment

Tricolore jusqu'au bout!

Comment

There's just something unCanadian about boycotting Tim Hortons.
                                Golfing since 67

Comment

Working...
                                X