No announcement yet.

Let the good times roll -- 146,000 new jobs added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The US economy must be doing better than people think. I just told people that I am hiring and willing to pay more than $100,000 per year and no one has asked me about the job.
    You're in CA.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I need sales engineer with experience in the following areas:
      http protocols
      tcp/ip protocols
      wide are networks
      client - server applications

in that order
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Have you been finding those positions hard to fill?
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

The combination of web applications, plus low level networking has been difficult to find. However, we have just recently come upon a few candidates who appear to be very good fits (1 on the East Coast, 1 on the West Coast, plus 2 guys who previously left that we were able to entice back via consulting contracts).
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Well, good luck to you. That's a very handsome salary for anybody not living in California.
            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DAVOUT The problem ignored by this reasonning is that low interest is different from zero interest. Between zero and the economic minimum of interest rate (which is around the inflation rate), the interest reduction has no effect on the growth but negative effect on the price level.
              You can remember that the FED was very cautious about deflation when the rate was around 1%
              The fed was very cautious about deflation in spite of extremely low interest rates, not because of it.
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

The fed was very cautious about deflation in spite of extremely low interest rates, not because of it.
                It was never confirmed in Greenspan reports that it was *in spite*.
                Statistical anomaly.
                The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Funny, because at that time the interest rates were actually below inflation rates

If Greenspan was nervous about deflation due to low interest rates then why did he leave them that low for that long (if, as you say, there was no extra benefit to growth in keeping them that low)?

Your reasoning sounds like **** to me, but whatever...
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I suppose you can explain why Greenspan was worried about deflation then.
                    Statistical anomaly.

Comment

Because the US economy was in a recessionary/low growth period which tends to lead to low inflation (as demand is low).

Low interest rates spurred demand, but the effect was not as large as could be hoped, so the risk of deflation remained for quite a while.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                        Because the US economy was in a recessionary/low growth period which tends to lead to low inflation (as demand is low).

Low interest rates spurred demand, but the effect was not as large as could be hoped, so the risk of deflation remained for quite a while.
                        Again a difference : recession is different from low growth.
                        According to you, the risk of deflation appeared in a low growth period. Is it different from what I said?
                        Statistical anomaly.

Comment

Hey El Freako, you wouldn't happen to have any statistics that show what the share of electronics purchases is in total household-purchases, in Japan as well as other rich countries?

Davout, I'm not talking about the causes of deflation, but about the impact being possibly overstated.
                          DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

btw colon, your avatar is cute and all, but the english is wrong on it. its should be 'get out of my way!'

(i woupldlnt have mentioned it but it bugs me everytime i see it!)
                            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

1. Markos made it.

2. The bad English is part of the humour of it.

3. I don't think you should be complaining about other people's bad English.
                              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

ok alright, in that case i guess its chill
                                "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Working...
                                X