X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by duke o' york
    As urgent as a new centre-back then.

Now, now... lets try to get a freaking GOAL first!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• i really don't know what michael owen is thinking if he goes to newcastle, saw the highlights against bolton, and they just looked low quality all round. very ordinary defending, nothing really being created by the midfield, poor service to and little support for alan shearer. if they don't sign a couple of decent players soon i wouldn't be surprised to see them scraping around the bottom of the table come april/may.

chelsea looked very good tonight, but then i suppose everyone does against west brom second half subs were duff, robben and crespo!

arsenal looked brilliant going forward, but shaky at the back, so about the same as normal really, terry henry is now just 1 goal off ian wright's club record one thing i've got to ask, how is neil alexander keeping tony warner out of the side at cardiff and why aren't we in for him!
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• The main problem with the side, aside from lack of striker and LB is the fact that Emre's been hurt. So Faye is in instead of him. Huge dropoff. We looked decent against Arsenal and he's been out since then.

Owen may wish to come because no one else in England seems to want him.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• i really rated faye when he was at pompey, i just can't understand why he's failed to make an impact at newcastle. but tbh your central midfield is proably your best area, what's lacking is just about everything else! i would say your main problem is a lack of creativity, against a ten man west ham newcastle failed to score, but more worryingly, they barely created an opening, alan shearer is a great finisher, but he needs service and some support.

a couple of other things, everton have made a bid for owen, but it's not as large as newcastle's, and he may be reluctant to go there. but it's just getting ridiculous now, owen was a snip at £12 million and he's still great value at £16 million, so why none of the big three are in for him i really don't know.

and also pascal cygan scored his first goals(!) since march 2003 today, which was around the time arsenal last scored a header
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• The creativity thing is key. That's why Emre is so important. But even with him, we haven't seen the ball get to the front. It's not good.

With Owen, who knows. He is a good buy at 16 mil, but seemingly every squad in England has hit their limit, outside the Magpies. It's very strange.

Comment

• A transfer for £15m is okay, but for a 1-year loan is way too much.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• CL draw:

GROUP A
                Bayern Munich
                Juventus
                Club Brugge
                Rapid Vienna

GROUP B
                ARSENAL
                Ajax
                Sparta Prague
                Thun

GROUP C
                Barcelona
                Panathinaikos
                Werder Bremen
                Udinese

GROUP D
                MAN UTD
                Villarreal
                Lille
                Benfica

GROUP E
                AC Milan
                PSV Eindhoven
                Schalke
                Fenerbahce

GROUP F
                Real Madrid
                Lyon
                Olympiakos
                Rosenborg

GROUP G
                LIVERPOOL
                CHELSEA
                Anderlecht
                Real Betis

GROUP H
                Inter Milan
                Porto
                RANGERS
                Artmedia Bratislava

(Top seeds in bold, British teams in capitals)

Group stage begins 13/14 September.

Liverpool and Chelsea in the same group - that's going to be fun (not).
                Never give an AI an even break.

Comment

• like the look of our group, shouldn't be too many problems there (famous last words )

liverpool and chelsea, should be interesting.

Comment

• I know Chelsea were favourites at 11/2 before the groups, Liverpool were 25/1 (!), dont know about now.
                    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                      A transfer for £15m is okay, but for a 1-year loan is way too much.
                      Silly Ranger... they aren't going to pay 15mil for a loan! If Owen doesn't agree to transfer, they'll have to work out a different loan agreement.

--

Btw, with CL group stages, how many per group make it out?

Comment

• 2 go through to the knock out stages, the 3rd place team goes into the UEFA cup, the 4th placed team goes home.

Comment

• Don't you think you should have still beaten West Ham at St James without Emre when they only had ten men?
                          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Silly Ranger... they aren't going to pay 15mil for a loan! If Owen doesn't agree to transfer, they'll have to work out a different loan agreement.
                            Souness has ruled out a loan completely.

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
                            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
                              Souness has ruled out a loan completely.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/4184994.stm
                              Just saw that... makes sense really. I mean then they'd have to hash over loan terms and by that time, the window is closed. Owen has to agree to come to NUFC on a transfer or stay as 4th forward on a team that only starts 2 of them, at least until January.

Comment

• Yeah but Owen is about as desperate not to go to Newcastle as Newcastle is to sign him...

Imagine his rather being a 4th stringer than signing for the Magpies - the ultimate humiliation!
                                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                                X