This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    I wonder if Souness will get off his ass and get a striker NOW? I'm having doubts we'll score a single goal this seasoN!!
    Just watched the highlights this morning, if Souness isnt gone before christmas ill be surprised, he looks ready to go.

I heard him on a SKY interview saying he wouldnt sign a player unless he was world class, and if they didnt get anyone, so be it. What a ****.

Spurs of course top of the league. If Jol can get Kuyt from Feyenoord and not overspend on Jenas, it could be our best season for a long time.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• I like the look of Spurs. Once Davids and Carrick gel and King comes back (and maybe Jenas in front of them) they're going to be a big hassle to break down. Defoe is looking sharp too. I think they'll push liverpool for 4th place and the way things look now I'd say it's 60:40 that Spurs will finish above Liverpool.

Another team that's looking quite good is Charlton. Now i know they've played promotion teams, but their midfield looks a lot more solid with Smertin in there, and bent looks like a bargain.

Comment

• No one be posting the Arse Vs Chelsea score, you hear!!
        I wanne enjoy MotD this evening.

* makes mental note not to zap to BBC1, BBC2 and many other stations until 23.30 *

edit:
        Woot!! I can the see whole game!!! (30 min delay and bad commentary but who cares !!).
        Last edited by alva; August 21, 2005, 06:29.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by lightblue
          I like the look of Spurs. Once Davids and Carrick gel and King comes back (and maybe Jenas in front of them) they're going to be a big hassle to break down. Defoe is looking sharp too. I think they'll push liverpool for 4th place and the way things look now I'd say it's 60:40 that Spurs will finish above Liverpool.
          I wouldnt go that far, 5th wouldnt flatter us though, and if we live up to half the hype (and avoid injuries) we should make it.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

I think they'll push liverpool for 4th place and the way things look now I'd say it's 60:40 that Spurs will finish above Liverpool.
            I'll give you those odds if you fancy a flutter.

Comment

Apparently you're going for Luque. He's decent i think, always quite good ni the Champ Manager games, and a Spanish national team regular in RL
              I've heard that rumor. It'd be nice, frankly. I have a feeling that the squad we got right now is going to our squad at the end of the transfer session. If we somehow manage not to lowball Deportiva for Luque, it'd be a welcome addition, though I wonder then which of the 5 man midfield would be taking a seat.

I also don't think Jenas is going anywhere. I know that Newcastle isn't going to take anything less than 10 million pounds, if straight cash. There is talk for a player for player deal plus cash... the papers are saying for Keane and 6 million pounds, but I just don't see it.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Well Souness is the favourite to lose his job the first. Who knows what you'll get in place? The return of King Kev?

Comment

• Has Shearer said he isnt interested in management? I hope so.

Comment

• Nah, he's being groomed as Newcastle's next manager.

Spurs look excellent at the moment. Davids had a blinder.

Some great goals as well, most of all Drogba's exquisite knee.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH
                      Some great goals as well, most of all Drogba's exquisite knee.
                      That was such a fluke.

I wonder what will happen to Chelsea when Mr Oil Baron loses interest...
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• i think chelsea have used up their supply of luck for this season in the first two games :/
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

• It was a bit lucky but as Wenger said it was bad defending because he shouldn't have been allowed to get into that position in the first place to get lucky.

Not as convincing as the win in the Charity Shield but Arsenal didn't really have a chance all game either. Henry was rubbish.

2 games, 6 points, that's all that matters.
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH

2 games, 6 points, that's all that matters.
                            If it was getting towards the end of the season then I'd agree with you, points are the be all and end all.

But form *DOES* matter this early on, if you havn't got it your luck will run out and you'll drop points.

Comment

• We started last season relatively poorly too, had a lot of 1-0 wins and in the end we ended up scoring nearly as many league goals as Arsenal.

Since Chelsea raised the bar last season you can barely afford to draw a game, let alone lose one at any time in the season.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

• Abramovich raised the bar, not Chelsea!

;O)

Comment

Working...
                                X