The beauty of accumulated change.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The beauty of accumulated change.

Earlier today I went to my bank to cash in all of my change that I had and much to my pleasant surprise, it amounted to $93.

That is the most I have ever had at one time in coins. What is the most you have ever had at one time?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

I had several thousand dollars worth, but then they were liberty silver dollars...
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I hate carrying change. I spent about 5 years throwing all my change (except quarters) into a big jar. When it was time to move to Turkey, I cashed it in to the tune of about $200. That was a pleasant surprise.
      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I keep all my change in my car for when I have to use the toll road.

Comment

They have this thing called FastPass. Perhaps you've heard of it.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Change gets on my nerves. I hate having a fat, heavy wallet that sticks out conspiciously. I curse the Australian government for getting rid of $1 and $2 bills. I've probably about a couple of hundred bucks worth in jars. I keep meaning to buy a piggy bank.
            Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

$134, which I cashed in recently.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                $134, which I cashed in recently.

I'm jealuos

Comment

I thought this would be a thread in praise of the wonders of evolution.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                    I thought this would be a thread in praise of the wonders of evolution.
                    Funny thing is, I thought about making a joke about that pun with my thread title.

What was the most you had accumulated with change, Boris?

Comment

Indeed, I'm disappointed in you Mr. Fun.

I used to work as a delivery driver, and handled a considerable amount of change. I think my record was around 300-400 dollars, but mind you, Canadians have 1 and 2 dollar coins.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I don't accumulate change. I keep quarters that get used for laundry. Dimes, nickels and pennies are deposited in tip jars.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                          I don't accumulate change. I keep quarters that get used for laundry. Dimes, nickels and pennies are deposited in tip jars.
                          I thought it was rude to tip others with coins? Maybe the person that told me that was talking out of his ass.

Comment

Waiters and waitresses in restaurants, sure. But tip jars on counters like at coffee shops or sandwich places, etc., are there for people to put change in.
                            Last edited by Boris Godunov; July 5, 2005, 23:58.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I guess im like boris I dont accumlate that much change the quarters are always used for laundry at the end of the week. The dimes nickles and pennies still sit in various cups and change collecters around the house. Not to mention the various coins that end up on the floor that still lay were they fell in various cracks and crevisouses that the vacum dont reach
                              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X