The beauty of accumulated change.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
    I guess im like boris I dont accumlate that much change the quarters are always used for laundry at the end of the week. The dimes nickles and pennies still sit in various cups and change collecters around the house. Not to mention the various coins that end up on the floor that still lay were they fell in various cracks and crevisouses that the vacum dont reach
    Dimes and nickels sitting in cups and you say that you do NOT accumulate change?
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
      Waiters and waitresses in restaurants, sure. But tip jars on counters like at coffee shops or sandwich places, etc., are there for people to put change in.
      that makes cents

Comment

I spend all my change. Cause I'm poor like that.

I transfer it all to my car ash tray, and then when I get fast food I'll give them the whole meal in change.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

that makes cents
          UGH.

----

I save all of my change for either vending machines or the hand car wash (which accepts loonies and toonies only).
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Dimes and nickels sitting in cups and you say that you do NOT accumulate change?
            Mrs. Tubes says "out of sight, out of mind" its just there.

I say it helps with my dust collection.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

This thread gives me an idea....

Thanks Tuber.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Well In that "Cents" I guess I do. The big coins I spend the small ones sit in the dust collection as tuber said. Maybe I should take all those others to the store and cash them in.
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Ah, great minds do think alike.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

Mrs. Tubes says "out of sight, out of mind" its just there.

I say it helps with my dust collection.

ACK!
                    brilliant

Comment

I get rid of my change as fast as I can. It's fairly easy in Germany, since the most frequent way to pay is cash.
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Probably about $60 or so, but my wife and kids have a nasty habit of contunually 'borrowing' money from my change jar, so most of the time it never gets above $20-30.
                        Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
                        ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Originally posted by pchang
                          They have this thing called FastPass. Perhaps you've heard of it.
                          I don't use the toll road very often. Perhaps it's too much of a hassle to actually get FastPass.

Comment

$34.00 US.

Best part was that I was totally broke and had to cash it in so I could have some money to go on this date I had planned. That was the best date evah!
                            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                            *****Citizen of the Hive****
                            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

The first year I got out of the Navy, I filled a cup only with silver change. On the anniversary of my release date I took the change to the bank and cashed it in for ~$130. I used this money to go to Wendover Nevada for a day of gambling and drinking.

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

There's a bit of Oliver Twist in my kids. I can't seem to keep change anywhere except in my pocket (usually).
                                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                                2004 Presidential Candidate
                                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                                X