I OWNED the AP physics exam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not all about you
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Asher, stop the insults. Don't push your luck.

Comment

Originally posted by pchang
        It's not all about you
        It sure seemed to be given the contents of your last post in the locked thread.

I assumed that was a continuation, given the locking.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Wait... so Asher said something was useless for him (IB) and thus it must be useless for everyone, anytime, anywhere, no matter the circumstances? I'm SHOCKED! SHOCKED, I tell you!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            Wait... so Asher said something was useless for him (IB) and thus it must be useless for everyone, anytime, anywhere, no matter the circumstances? I'm SHOCKED! SHOCKED, I tell you!
            Well, it's useful in third world countries without a standardized, acceptable curriculum.

In other places, it's nothing but loads of busywork that gets you into the same places as the other courses.

It's a scam in Canadian public schools, and it preys in keeners and their parents. They don't learn anything extra. But they sure get to do a lot more work...
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I try to avoid that line. The original version was just so perfect, it pains me to make a lesser copy.

edit: Imran's line
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Well, it's useful in third world countries without a standardized, acceptable curriculum.

In other places, it's nothing but loads of busywork that gets you into the same places as the other courses.

It's a scam in Canadian public schools, and it preys in keeners and their parents. They don't learn anything extra. But they sure get to do a lot more work...

Would you say that AP is better then?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
                  Would you say that AP is better then?
                  I haven't taken any AP.

AP is an American thing mostly.

Comment

Originally posted by pchang
                    I try to avoid that line. The original version was just so perfect, it pains me to make a lesser copy.

edit: Imran's line
                    I guess that's true now that I think about it. I did it for the children who miss the deliciousness the first time .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I did fine on my Higher level IB physics, dunno if that's considered more or less rigorous.

hahaahaha, i bombed my SL IB physics exam. got a solid two. then i stuck my finger in the teachers eye repeatedly (she deserved it anyways, stupid canadian woman) by:

a) getting my IB diploma with the minimum number of points possible (24)
                      b) passing her class by 3% senior year so she couldnt fail me or prevent me from going to college
                      c) not getting caught copying other peoples homework even though she knew it and i knew it
                      d) insulting her canadianess and disrupting the class even when she punished me by having me sit in the front row. big mistake because i egged everyone else on to disobey her. at least in the back i was out of sight from the rest of the class.
                      e) always asking her 'what was that all aboot, eh?'

great times
                      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

See, IB was a waste of time.

Comment

I dunno Asher.

All I remember is that my IB exams made my provincials seem simple.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

IB > AP > Standard.

But you have to be pretty stupid to take full IB in Canada. It's a massive waste of time.

i agree, and i agree somewhat. in america, in some colleges you can get a lot of credit. also i took bilingual IB, which helps with language requirements in some colleges.

of course i go to a college that doesnt give me crap for my IB credits
                            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Agathon's opinions of technology are as well-informed and reasonable as UR's opinions of democracy.
                              And yet I, and other Apolyton techno-peons seem to be able to see through your bull**** at will.

I must have super powers.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                                I dunno Asher.

All I remember is that my IB exams made my provincials seem simple.
                                Provincials are simple...

Comment

Working...
                                X