No announcement yet.

Homosexuality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok Benny, there are some rights that we do have -- such as the right to vote.

However, we are denied equal employment protection except in cases where forward-thinking companies take their own initiative.

We are also denied the same citizenship privileges when it comes to legal recognition of our life-long, monogamously, commited relationships.

We are also denied equal protection in having custody over our own children -- whether biological, or adopted.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Against gays, yes.
      And the evidence for that is...?
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• here are some statistics on hate crimes against gays/lesbians

This website is for sale! wildelife.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, wildelife.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

• here is an interesting article . . . . .

Violence Against Gays

Comment

• So in the meantime, I'm for effective arguments that can bring change sooner than when we have proven how sexual orientation develops.
            Yeah I like that one about why the hell should these people care what two consenting adults get up.

I'd just like to plug NZ a bit and say Civil Unions are allowed here now

Comment

• However, we are denied equal employment protection except in cases where forward-thinking companies take their own initiative.
              Fair enough. Now why is this so important that it has to be done now? Before we understand a term such as 'orientation'?

We are also denied the same citizenship privileges when it comes to legal recognition of our life-long, monogamously, commited relationships.
              Why are such relationships special only if they are lifelong and monogamous? Is there a standard that gays use to decide whether their relationship is lifelong and monogamous?

We are also denied equal protection in having custody over our own children -- whether biological, or adopted.
              That's a curious group of terms. 'Equal protection?' 'Having custody'? 'over our own children'?

There are very good reasons why people are not given custody over children, that have nothing to do with equality.

Secondly, you do not own children. They are not your property.

Thirdly, the only concern in custody should be the best interests of the child, and not nebulous terms such as 'equality'.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Secondly, you do not own children. They are not your property.
                Dude worst comeback ever. Like totally is. You know what he meant, or should know what he meant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Fair enough. Now why is this so important that it has to be done now? Before we understand a term such as 'orientation'?

Why are such relationships special only if they are lifelong and monogamous? Is there a standard that gays use to decide whether their relationship is lifelong and monogamous?

That's a curious group of terms. 'Equal protection?' 'Having custody'? 'over our own children'?

There are very good reasons why people are not given custody over children, that have nothing to do with equality.

Secondly, you do not own children. They are not your property.

Thirdly, the only concern in custody should be the best interests of the child, and not nebulous terms such as 'equality'.
                  First, I suggest you check out the info I have kindly provided for you in regards to justice and violence against gays.

Second, I do not advocate using children as pawns. It is not unusual that the best interest of the child is to remain with a gay parent/gay parents.

Third, the longer we wait for equal employment protection, the longer we suffer.

Fourth, a large number of gays use the same standards when it comes to relationships that heterosexuals use.

Comment

• 1043 vicious aggravated assaults against people because of sexual orientation were reported to police. 1077 offenders were known to police. 3/4 of the victims were gay men and 83% of the offenders were anti-male-homosexual.
                    Okay, how does one distinguish between an assault, and an assault done 'because of orientation?'

Finally, what makes a person 'anti-male-homosexual?'

Comment

• Because like most guys they don't really think that lesbianism is that wrong whereas two guys is just icky hence anti-male-homosexual.

Comment

• Dude worst comeback ever. Like totally is. You know what he meant, or should know what he meant.
                        Should I assume rather than asking?

Comment

• Well, it's a little after 2:00 AM -- I'm going to get some sleep.

Comment

• Well if its blindingly obvious why not.

Though while I have your attention, and seen as you're the resident religious expert, well at least imho,

Why do religious people care so much what two consenting adults of the same gender get up to in the privacy of their on place? Besides the fact that its a sin as stated in the bible, I mean really, why care?

Comment

• First, I suggest you check out the info I have kindly provided for you in regards to justice and violence against gays.
                              Okay, I have plenty of questions as to what the statistics mean, and the definitions that they use.

Second, I do not advocate using children as pawns. It is not unusual that the best interest of the child is to remain with a gay parent/gay parents.
                              Ok, but then why do you feel that they are not equitably treated? Secondly, why do you feel that a family with only one gender can be superior to another family with both?

Third, the longer we wait for equal employment protection, the longer we suffer.
                              How so? How will you suffer?

Fourth, a large number of gays use the same standards when it comes to relationships that heterosexuals use.
                              Answer the question. What are those standards used to decide whether a relationship is lifelong and monogamous? Why does it matter that a relationship must be both in order to be recognised?

Comment

• Ben, your PMs are full.

Anyway, changed my mind, we're not going to call her. No point getting her hopes up...

Long time member @ Apolyton
                                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                                X