Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Britain arrest woman defending her home against pillagers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazarus and the Gimp
    Because the law does not permit people to shoot at other people in retribution for putting washing-up liquid on somebody's car.

I realise this might carry the summary death penalty in some countries, but this is not the 3rd World.

And it's not United States either -- we're grouped with the same third world, despotic nations in regards to the death penalty.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Re: Re: Why does Britain arrest woman defending her home against pillagers?

Originally posted by molly bloom

It's been downhill all the way for the United Kingdom after they scrapped all those wonderful crime quashing punishments like summary hangings, public disembowelling, beheading, burning at the stake and of course the use of torture to elicit confessions from known recidivists and taciturn vandals.

Truly, Ned, I have often asked myself why we haven't approached the efficacy of the justice systems in the U.S.A. , China and Saudi Arabia, where as we all know, no crime occurs.
      Well, Britain does seem to have a growing problem of miscreantism among its yobs, does it not?
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

I also find it interesting that not one single Brit has answered the question of what the woman could have legally done under the circumstances to get the yobs of her land, to get them to stop their vandalism and to end the threat to her personal safety.
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
          speak English
          Chav Scum. A guide to Chavs, Neds, and Townies.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
            to get them to stop their vandalism and to end the threat to her personal safety.
            Because surely soap on your car puts you in grave personal danger and perminently alters your car.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse

Yes its a bizarre place, the police on the beat don't have to wear fire arms.
              They don't have to when they arrest middle aged mothers.
              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Because surely soap on your car puts you in grave personal danger and perminently alters your car.
                Surely you jest. They did not retreat when she came out to confront them. This is a threat to her personal safety. As to the car, how did she know that the only thing they had done so far was to use soap. What if that stuff was acid?

Again I ask you stupid Brits, what could this lady do to get those thugs to leave under British law?

Comment

Come on you would be pissed the **** off if some punks were doing that to your car and the police basically blew you off every time. Are you telling me you would just laugh it off and chalk it up to youthfull folly?
                  Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Sprayber, I am frankly finding the Brit apologists here to be completely incomprehensible. They are being so bold as to suggest that the woman had no remedy whatsoever and would have had to allow these thugs free reign to trash everything and perhaps rape her, because any resistance would be illegal.

Comment

Happens one or two times let the police handle it but if the ****ers keep coming back and all the police can say is "golly gee maam" then its time to take matters in your own hands. That's how things get started in case people don't know. It starts out small and as they grow braver knowing the police are busy going after someone without a seatbelt, they expand to other things. I'm all for letting the proper authorities handle things but there comes a time when the proper authorities just don't give a damn anymore and they are more pissed at you for actually calling them to do their job in the first place.

Comment

Mrs Walker, a mother of three children, and her family had telephoned police on 15 occasions after seeing their garden shed burgled, their garden trashed, and damage caused to a car and security light. But they allegedly got no response.

This, and then having them come screw with her car? And everyone is still acting as if she was in the wrong, and not the wannabe thugs who perpetrated the real crime?

No wonder the Brits lost their empire.

Comment

The kids she threatened were not the ones who had 'trashed' her garden. Just some ones that were nearby. Still, it's all OK in the war against the yob, eh?

Comment

It would permanently alter my car
                            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I doubt these ongoing cases of vandalism and their perpetrators were completely unrelated to each other.

Comment

I wonder what the yobs would have done if she had confronted them with a video camera?
                                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                                X