Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Britain arrest woman defending her home against pillagers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kontiki
    "yobs"?
    Bit late here, just noticed this thread.

"yob" = "boy", spelled backward.

Geddit, 'backward boy'? And here's a quiz to determine if you are one:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned

More power to the people and less to the liberals!

Wow, Ned = Mr. Street Justice.

What an excellent idea, Ned- the next time some barrio yoofs or ghetto hoods feel particularly aggrieved with the dilatory police response or American justice system in general, I hope you'll be there, feeding them ammunition as they take on ' THE MAN '.

Seems to me the Black Panther Party would have been around a lot longer had they taken your attitude to summary justice and dissatisfaction with the poor performance of law enforcement officers.

Of course, F.B.I. agents might have been shot, and local police officers killed, and who knows, J. Edgar Hoover assassinated, but if you're feeling itchy for a little instant justice, get the right weapons and get the right people, right ? Right on, brother.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse

Er call the Police
        Thought so. She has been stripped of all right of self defense. That is your position. She can do nothing at all to help herself.
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandman
          And not go out and shoot the nearest group of teenagers.
          Of course. But, that is NOT what she did, did she?
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom

Wow, Ned = Mr. Street Justice.

What an excellent idea, Ned- the next time some barrio yoofs or ghetto hoods feel particularly aggrieved with the dilatory police response or American justice system in general, I hope you'll be there, feeding them ammunition as they take on ' THE MAN '.

Seems to me the Black Panther Party would have been around a lot longer had they taken your attitude to summary justice and dissatisfaction with the poor performance of law enforcement officers.

Of course, F.B.I. agents might have been shot, and local police officers killed, and who knows, J. Edgar Hoover assassinated, but if you're feeling itchy for a little instant justice, get the right weapons and get the right people, right ? Right on, brother.
            One of the hallmarks of a bigot, Molly, is stereotyping. You wouldn't know what that means, though, would you?

Comment

• Summary post

Ned proves he's a moron. Again.

/Summary post
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandman
                So, Ned. It's Halloween. What sort of armed response is appropriate to kids chucking eggs?
                Much better.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS
                  Summary post

Ned proves he's a moron. Again.

/Summary post
                  No, Morbius. What this thread proves is that liberals have no response to the question of what this woman could have legally done to defend her person and property from these yobs.

Comment

• Call the police.

About two weeks ago I had over 30 people having a fight on my front garden. 999 and within 10 minutes the police are there.

I think particulars of this case are being missed, more than likely this woman is a bit of a looney.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin
                      Call the police.

About two weeks ago I had over 30 people having a fight on my front garden. 999 and within 10 minutes the police are there.

I think particulars of this case are being missed, more than likely this woman is a bit of a looney.
                      Maybe. But she took action, as the story made clear, because prior calls to the police proved fruitless.

But still, don't the Brits have any right to defend themselves and their property? Or is it just that she used an air gun?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin
                        She should have attacked the yobs with a supersoaker and squeegie.
                        Nice visual, but then she'd have probably been attacked properly, or subjected to even more torment.

You're not getting any more trouble in your area from idiots now, I hope?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned

Maybe. But she took action, as the story made clear, because prior calls to the police proved fruitless.

But still, don't the Brits have any right to defend themselves and their property? Or is it just that she used an air gun?
                          You're a cop, and you are told that there is a woman whose car is being covered with soapy water by youths. This women is a known paranoid. What do you do, assuming you are a busy cop?

Comment

• Defend the yobs?

Comment

• Blow it off.

Although they would have turned up pronto when they found out she was using a gun.

Comment

• So what you're saying is that she should have called the police, but they would have been right to just ignore her. Catch 22 anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X