Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Britain arrest woman defending her home against pillagers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She would've been in need of that pellet gun.
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
      Happens one or two times let the police handle it but if the ****ers keep coming back and all the police can say is "golly gee maam" then its time to take matters in your own hands. That's how things get started in case people don't know. It starts out small and as they grow braver knowing the police are busy going after someone without a seatbelt, they expand to other things. I'm all for letting the proper authorities handle things but there comes a time when the proper authorities just don't give a damn anymore and they are more pissed at you for actually calling them to do their job in the first place.

When the law gives two ****s about you, getting an AIR pistol and shooting at the ground at the assailants feet is a proper course of action. Good for her.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
        I wonder what the yobs would have done if she had confronted them with a video camera?
        wash the camera?
        Last edited by Alexander's Horse; May 7, 2005, 03:41.
        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Why does Britain arrest woman defending her home against pillagers?

Originally posted by Whoha

dont forget drawing and quartering.

It was covered under the rubric of 'public disembowelling'.
          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Why does Britain arrest woman defending her home against pillagers?

Originally posted by Ned

Well, Britain does seem to have a growing problem of miscreantism among its yobs, does it not?

Gosh yes.

Therefore we should do what they used to do in the United States, and have a few public lynchings. I'm sure that would sort things out. No crime would take place then....

Or of course, shoot a few lost tourists, or the mentally incapacitated who call at our door- then the would-be miscreants would know someone REAL SERIOUS about law and order and property rights lurked inside.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Verto

No wonder the Brits lost their empire.

Wow, that's put everything into perspective- Britain lost Africa & India because it was foolish enough to give up the death penalty and corporal punishment.

Clearly because Britain wasn't prepared to execute or cane Gandhi, he went on a mad rampage across the Indian sub-continent, soaping civil servants' cars and thus liberating hundreds of millions from the oppressive British tyranny.

Comment

Here's exactly what the woman says she suffered:

Shed broken into (four months ago.)

Fish stolen from her pond (Why would vandals steal fish? It was probably cats or something.)

Garden ornaments thrown over the wall (Oh the humanity! That puts these vandals on the level of trick-or-treaters.)

Wing mirror broken on son's car (Yeah, right. He probably clipped it himself. Smashing a wing mirror is weird behaviour for vandals... who then 'graduate' to more serious offences like pouring water on a car.)

Nuisance phone calls (this is actually quite serious, and should have been dealt with. Not by opening fire on the nearest trio of 'youths' though.)

So, Americans. It's Halloween. What sort of armed response is appropriate to kids chucking eggs?

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman

So, Americans. It's Halloween. What sort of armed response is appropriate to kids chucking eggs?

You've answered your own question- you know why we don't have trick or treat at Hallowe'en in the lawless Land of Albion- it's all those thousands of shot and mutilated children littering the public footpaths on October 31st throughout the 19th Century, and the fact that so many of the would-be anarchists, burglars and home invaders were gainfully employed in light and heavy industry, down mines, in cotton mills, or being suffocated in chimney flues.

Frances Trollope: 'Michael Armstrong, the Factory Boy'(1840)

A little girl about seven years old, who job as scavenger, was to collect incessantly from the factory floor, the flying fragments of cotton that might impede the work... while the hissing machinery passed over her, and when this is skillfully done, and the head, body, and the outstretched limbs carefully glued to the floor, the steady moving, but threatening mass, may pass and repass over the dizzy head and trembling body without touching it. But accidents frequently occur; and many are the flaxen locks, rudely torn from infant heads, in the process.

404 error. The page you wanted is missing. We don't know where it went. It is just an error. The internet is like that. Sorry about that.

The idea just never caught on, somehow....

Comment

The only reason I can see she did wrong is that by taking a gun out like that she was putting it at risk of being stolen by the youths

Comment

• Earthscorching firepower is required against Mancunians...they're as dodgy as f**k - look at Stew for example
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• She should have attacked the yobs with a supersoaker and squeegie.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandman
                          mining your front yard so when they come to partake in the joy they leave with life long momentos.

Comment

• Note, how the Brits continue to defend themselves by diverting attention. When a woman cannot defend herself in her own home against a bunch of teen thugs, Britain has taken its utopian view of liberalism too far. That is why the people of Britain revolted against their government's prosecution of this woman.

More power to the people and less to the liberals!
                            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Theres been much public debate about the rights of homeowners to maim/kill people who actually break into your home, but she wasnt in her home.
                              Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
                                Note, how the Brits continue to defend themselves by diverting attention. When a woman cannot defend herself in her own home against a bunch of teen thugs, Britain has taken its utopian view of liberalism too far. That is why the people of Britain revolted against their government's prosecution of this woman.

More power to the people and less to the liberals!
                                This one reason I'm glad the USA exists - those who think like Ned go and live there.
                                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X