No announcement yet.

Is your online persona ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as I've said pretty much the same. shy at first, but the longer I stay, the more embarrassing details I reveal about myself. The crazier I act. And the most I talk without thinking. A bad habit of mine.

Thank god for the edit feature . Too bad real life conversations don't have an edit feature.

Comment

In real life I'm more likely to interrupt other people's conversations with random images.
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Both online and offline, I always hesitate to speak up. Even when I am somewhat familiar with the place and people.

Who would have thought that social phobia could still be a problem with the veil of anonymity that online forums and chatrooms provides?

I've been subscribed to this site for three years, and in all that time I haven't posted nearly enough to be recognised like some.

So basically, I'm pretty much the same.
        "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
        "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
        "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I'm not really an ass(hole)
          Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

I don't understand people that would misrepresent themselves online. Seems pretty pathetic to me.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

In real life I'm more likely to interrupt other people's conversations with random images
              QFT!
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I'm rather quiet in RL, moreso than I am here on Poly.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I am much more passive online, very opiniated offline. The problem is that I dont seem to be able to express myself as well as I would want to.....I'd need that speech/typing program.....Or a french version of Poly.....

Spec.
                  -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I think I am more or less the same online....though 'poly isn't really suited to certain aspects of my personality so those tend to take a backseat.

However, in recent months I have been confused with at least 2 other online characters (that I know of) Considering who they are, perhaps it's time I changed my online personna a little.....
                    Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

I seem quite nice here, reasonable even?

'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I don't understand people that would misrepresent themselves online. Seems pretty pathetic to me.
                        Its not misrepresentation. Its just that often a different side of people's personality comes out when they can't get smacked for saying something stupid.
                        Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I'm a bit quieter, less sarcastic, and less gay online.
                          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                            I'm a bit quieter, less sarcastic, and less gay online.
                            Wow, you must be fun offline.

Spec.
                            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec

Wow, you must be fun offline.

Spec.
                              I'm like the devil with a martini.
                              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I'm a real bastard, in real life.
                                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                                X