• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuberski

Ummmm, and those of us that live in the Tex-Mex capital,

ACK!
    true
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Lots of Mexican restaurants in Berlin......although the last time I visited one was some years ago.
      Blah

Comment

Yeah, I went to a Mexican restaurant (well Tex Mex as they usually are) in Greenwich relatively recently, that is the last time (it would have been February IIRC)
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

In Graz, I don't know about a really Mexican restaurant, yet there's one that offers a broad variety of Latin American food in general, thus also Mexican plates.
          Lamentably we don't have an Argentinian steak-house either.
          We have a great Peruvian restaurant, though.
          Pastel de choclo, mmh.
          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Actually there is a Mexican restaurant just on Eltham High Street which is a relatively short walk from here...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Mexican food doesn't seem very gourmet. I can't see having expensive mexican restaurants.

But it's good food. I love enchiladas.

And what's the difference between tex-mex, mexican, and now I hear cali-mex?

an enchilada is an enchilada. Just give it to me.

btw I have never eaten Indian food. We have a sizable Indian population. The food just doesn't sound appetizing to me.

Comment

thats the beauty of it. its simple and yummy
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

You really should Diss, you don't know what you're missing...
                  Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Not appetizing? Indian food? The culinary pantheon of glory! The somosas, the pakoras, the sag aloo and bombay potato! The tandoori meats with cooling raita sauce. The freshly baked naans steaming as you rip them open the scoop up another mouthful of pilau rice. The crack of the papadum, the tear of the chapati, the first delicious bite of the meal. The kormas and madras, the vindaloos and the masalas. Dhansak! Balti! Jalfrezi! Wonderous dishes too numerous and inspired to name!

And Chicken Tikka baps for lunch.
                    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Indian food is by far the best, there´s so much vegetarian alternatives. Not like thai food that had fish sauce or prawns even in the veggie food
                      I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

vegetarianism isnt a concern for most people

Comment

at least not for normal people.

Comment

I was told the burrito is actually a Mexican-American invention, don't know if that's true or not.

The breakfast burrito is definitley an American invention of some kind.

When you're dying of hunger, the breakfast burrito pwnz.

I wouldn't eat it all the time though.
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

when you are dying of hunger, most foods pwnz.

Comment

Except british food
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X