No announcement yet.

does mexican food exsist in Europe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny MRT, I have been contemplating a similar venture as my retirement job. "Mexican" food rules. I include in that definition both the American regional and Mexican regional variations. Tex-Mex, Southwest and Cali-Mex vary quite a bit from one another as well as from the huge variety of food in Mexico proper.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
      British food is horrid. I like to drink at British pubs, but I learned not to eat in them . I had this one meal that had lamb in it. I never tasted anything worse.

Well then, from that huge amount of experience you are clearly well-qualified to pass judgment on the many different aspects of modern British cuisine.

I may as well pronounce judgment on the whole of U.S. cuisine based on my unsavoury encounter with a tuna fish sandwich swimming in mayonnaise in a cafe in Taft.

It was the only thing on the menu that appeared not be cooked, enrobed, slathered or smothered in oil or lard.

How wrong I was.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Indian food isn't fast...

well occasionally it comes out fast.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
          Indian food isn't fast...

well occasionally it comes out fast.
          Although this is true insofar as it pertains to the morning after chili rush, it isn't entirely accurate, as it
          depends on what you're eating, and from which Indian cuisine.

Rotis and chapattis don't take long, and kebabs can be cooked fairly quickly.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

yeah, but most havent.
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

Although this is true insofar as it pertains to the morning after chili rush, it isn't entirely accurate, as it
              depends on what you're eating, and from which Indian cuisine.

Rotis and chapattis don't take long, and kebabs can be cooked fairly quickly.
              It was a 'joke'.
              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH

It was a 'joke'.
                I think I gathered that.

I just added a little bit for those unused to Indian cuisine or Indian fast food- oddly there are still some around.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                  I love roast beef, but I figure it's one of those things that americans made better.
                  the worst thing about American food is the cr@p they eat for breakfast, funny pancakes and strawberry syrup????? Whats that all about??????

Comment

i dont know, but the original pancake house rules.
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                      Except british food
                      Again more pathetic prejudice...you'd be amazed at how much of your cuisine comes from ours mate...
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Again more pathetic prejudice...you'd be amazed at how much of your cuisine comes from ours mate...
                        Yes. All the bad bits.

Of course, I have had really good meals at many restaurants in and around London. Things have changed quite a bit in the last 20 years.
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

You Americans always go to the sh*t places that no locals would go in though
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

You Americans always go to the sh*t places that no locals would go in though

Yeah, the places that serve English food. The locals know better and are at an Indian place...
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

No, just the Burger Kings and McDonalds because you couldn't possibly have that 'foreign muck'
                              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Burger King is British...
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X