does mexican food exsist in Europe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dissident

not as bad as American and British food.
    I don't know about British food, but McDonald's is great. I have been loving it since the day I spent several hours in a queue trying to get in when the first ever McDonald's opened in Moscow. In other words, McDonald's is a feast which is always with me.
    Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

• you take McDonald's over mexican food?

McDonald's isn't even fit for dogs.

Comment

• Well, in spite of all this anti-McDonald's propaganda I constantly hear, I still love it very much.
        Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

I mentioned it earlier in this thread. It was some kind of lamb dish. I can't remember the name.

Well, that's an exhaustive survey of what the British Isles has to offer.
          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by molly bloom

Well, that's an exhaustive survey of what the British Isles has to offer.
            I've had fish n chips too. It's not bad, but it's not good either. And yes I've had them the way they are supposed to be prepared. I've had a couple other dishes as well.

Comment

I've had fish n chips too. It's not bad, but it's not good either. And yes I've had them the way they are supposed to be prepared. I've had a couple other dishes as well.

So your comprehensive knowledge is based on one unnamed lamb dish, fish and chips (which is now so ubiquitous as to be found from China to New Zealand, the Falklands to Morocco and points in-between) and some other unnamed dishes.

No mention of where you ate them or who cooked them, I notice.

No mention of regional food from the British Isles.

No confirmation you've actually eaten British food in Great Britain.

And I've no idea why you'd knock American food either- I've had fantastic food in San Francisco and Seattle- some of the best seafood and fresh produce I've ever tasted.
              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro
                Speaking of Italian, does it exist in the US?
                The U.S. is home to several types of Italian food which developed here, and over the last couple of decades we've seen a rise in regional Italian restaurants. I generally prefer the U.S. regional food to the Italian regional food, though the quality of the U.S. stuff varies considerably. The Italian regional stuff is typically of high quality, but expensive.

Oh, and pizza has morphed into something beyond anyone's claim or control. My favorite in the U.S. is "Chicago Style", which is based originally on Sicilian style pizza.
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Vagabond
                  I don't know about British food, but McDonald's is great. I have been loving it since the day I spent several hours in a queue trying to get in when the first ever McDonald's opened in Moscow. In other words, McDonald's is a feast which is always with me.

Why oh why?
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Sikander

The U.S. is home to several types of Italian food which developed here, and over the last couple of decades we've seen a rise in regional Italian restaurants. I generally prefer the U.S. regional food to the Italian regional food, though the quality of the U.S. stuff varies considerably. The Italian regional stuff is typically of high quality, but expensive.

Oh, and pizza has morphed into something beyond anyone's claim or control. My favorite in the U.S. is "Chicago Style", which is based originally on Sicilian style pizza.
                    while the chicago style deepdish stuff is alright(if done well excellent) i definitely prefer the east coast style thin crust. none of this intermediate mass marketed pizza crap though. its either gotta be deepdish, or thin as hell.
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

And I've no idea why you'd knock American food either- I've had fantastic food in San Francisco and Seattle- some of the best seafood and fresh produce I've ever tasted.
                      you just happened to go to two of the best places in america for food

now cue imran coming in here telling me the south has the best food in america and that im daft because i dont think that fried chicken and BBQ really qualifies you for having some of the best food in america.

truth be told, SF and Seattle are great because of the multitude of both american regional, and foriegn food that can be found there. also the quality of produce, seafood, (they do get ****ed over when it comes to beef), and the draw of talented chefs and sizeable metro area make these places top 10 in the US.
                      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I think you cannot find real Mexican in Europe. It's all Tex-Mex. I tried real mexican once. A friend of mine had a visit from a relative who had been living 10 years in Mexico. He cooked for us. That was pure heaven. After that I have never gone to a "Mexican" restaurant in Denmark again.

Oh, and we have Taco Bell.

Asmodean
                        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

So your comprehensive knowledge is based on one unnamed lamb dish, fish and chips (which is now so ubiquitous as to be found from China to New Zealand, the Falklands to Morocco and points in-between) and some other unnamed dishes.

No mention of where you ate them or who cooked them, I notice.

No mention of regional food from the British Isles.

No confirmation you've actually eaten British food in Great Britain.

I guess the reason why I hate american and british food is they seem so boring because I eat them so much. I like food that is more spicey (yes I know British food uses horseradish type spicey- but I don't like that). I like food that I haven't eaten that much.

yeah I guess I'm one of those people who hates their own culture. I'm ashamed of being white. I prefer minority foods.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRT144

you just happened to go to two of the best places in america for food

now cue imran coming in here telling me the south has the best food in america and that im daft because i dont think that fried chicken and BBQ really qualifies you for having some of the best food in america.

truth be told, SF and Seattle are great because of the multitude of both american regional, and foriegn food that can be found there. also the quality of produce, seafood, (they do get ****ed over when it comes to beef), and the draw of talented chefs and sizeable metro area make these places top 10 in the US.
                            they also have collard greens and chitlins. but I'm not really into those foods.

Comment

• Collard greens
                              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Collard greens? Is that anything like Soylent green?
                                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X