does mexican food exsist in Europe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does mexican food exsist in Europe?

I was really wondering if there were any restaurants and if not would it be a viable enterprise.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

I know they exist in the UK. I have yet to actually try them as, knowing how large the Mexican population in England is, I doubt they'd be spectacular. My friends have tried a few local ones and said they're decent enough.
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Yes, but the degree of difference between Mexican and American-Mexican is a big one, what you end up with is European-American-Mexican

Incidently, the best Mexican I ever had was in Bahrain, even better than the stuff I had in Mexico.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Oh and "Mexican" food in the form of Fajita kits, Tortilla wraps, taco, spices, chili's, burritto sauce, enchilada blah blah blah you can find in any supermarket in England.
        Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
        -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I wonder how many mexicans immigrate to the UK and europe as a whole.
          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

5?
            -Richard Dawkins

Comment

It was the 'fashionable' food in Chester (UK) for a while, but people from Chester would eat a dog turd if they were told it was the 'in' thing.

Comment

The niche that Mexican food fills in America is filled by Indian food here. Ie, a spicy ethnic alternative available in all ranges from cheap takeaway to high class resturaunt in a desperate bid to make you forgot your white middle class background and appear cosmopolitan and cultured.
                -Richard Dawkins

Comment

over here you have it all...mexican, american mexican, european mexican, european american mexican and ofcourse dutch mexican...
                  Bunnies!
                  Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                  God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                  'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

dutch mexican, that must be a pair of worlds colliding.
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

i was wondering if amsterdamn or the hague or rotterdam had a strong mexican showing. IVe been thinking it be cool to open a taqueria in any of those cities...given the financial backing.

Comment

all ready enough of them here i think...i come from a little town (60.000 people) and we have 2 mexican restaurants...and i know for a fact that amsterdam has atleast one GREAT MEXICAN restaurant...

dutch mexican, that must be a pair of worlds colliding

if we can dutchify chinees, indian, french, american (read mcdonalds), japanese and indonees foods we sure as hell can dutchify mexican food...(not saying it gets better because of it) but maybe i am biased because i am just to my mothers food and we lived in Indonesia for 14 years...
                        Bunnies!
                        Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                        God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                        'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I don´t think there´s a purely mexican restaurant in Sweden. But almost every fast food place and pub has something tex-mex. And you can find loads of tex-mex stuff in supermarkets in Sweden as well.

But I´ve always wondered what the difference is between tex-mex and "proper" mexican food.
                          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

In Germany, there are some spanish/mexican styled steak houses like Tascaria Maredo, plus many smaller places, Taco bars etc.

I should mention that this brings up one of the many advantages my home town Cottbus in the deep province of south Brandenburg had over the state capital Potsdam which is equally sized. We had an Irish pub, a Mexican pub, an American diner. Potsdam has none of the like, probably because it's so close to Berlin. Just the usual prole beer pubs

Comment

One tastes good, the other is the tipical gruel you would imagine proles would eat.

Insert Tex-Mex or Mexican into the slots you prefer

Comment

Working...
                              X