Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think about the corruption!

It should be somewhere in the middle...

Of course, if we could get the Forbidden City from the chinese...
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Being 'part of' would indeed be a nice start.
      We started it dammit!!
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Screw the Vatican, Italy should nab him anyway.

Comment

It should be noted that the Vatican is no friend of Mugabe. The archbishop in Zimbabwe has gone so far as to suggest a people-power revolution.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
              Wow... such a fan of national soveriegnty you are . I guess that means EU countries should nab people like Kissinger in the US to have trials for them
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Re: Re: Mugabe at Papal funeral

Originally posted by MikeH
                The Pope would have forgiven him any sins and tried to help him mend his ways, like any good Christian would. After all this was the Pope who befriended the guy who shot him.

Love and forgiveness, that's what Christianity is about.
                Mugabe has not acknowledged his crimes, much less repented of them. Forgiveness should be given to those who seek it. While he continues to be a murdering totalitarian bastard, he should be shunned. Especially since JP2 didn't think to kindly of him.

It's just very disappointing of the Vatican. Somebody dropped the ball by letting this ******* in. Especially considering the recent "election" in Zimbabwe. The last thing needed as anything that helps give him legitimacy.
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Wow... such a fan of national soveriegnty you are . I guess that means EU countries should nab people like Kissinger in the US to have trials for them
                  I seem to recall that the U.S. has on several occasions actually gone into other countries to seize people. So naturally we shouldn't object to countries seizing wanted people within their own borders.

IIRC, the Vatican doesn't have it's own airport. So I would assume Mugabe would have to travel outside of the Vatican to get his flight. The second his car leaves the Vatican, the Italian authorities should swoop in and nab him.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Boris, if we stopped eating with sinners, then we would have to leave this world.

If he showed up uninvited, then yes, the Vatican would feel obligated to try to accomodate him, because it is an opportunity for them to influence him. If they shut the door, then Mugabe's not going to take that as a rebuke.

Secondly, as for the Vatican being part of the EU... /me shudders.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                      Secondly, as for the Vatican being part of the EU... /me shudders.

We are agreed.
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                        I seem to recall that the U.S. has on several occasions actually gone into other countries to seize people. So naturally we shouldn't object to countries seizing wanted people within their own borders.
                        But would the US be ok with, say, Mexican police coming into New Mexico and seizing people? I doubt it.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

IIRC, the Vatican doesn't have it's own airport. So I would assume Mugabe would have to travel outside of the Vatican to get his flight. The second his car leaves the Vatican, the Italian authorities should swoop in and nab him.
                          I'm pretty sure the Vatican has a treaty with Italy preventing that.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                            Yeah, the Vatican is not part of the EU.
                            We should invade, occupy and annex them!
                            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Mugabe is a Catholic, however awful his practice is.
                              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

It would be nice if Mexico would arrest the illegal immigrants that keep running from them...

Comment

Working...
                                X