No announcement yet.

1 people in the chat room:ari, ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seems like we don't need a chat room, this thread is a chat room by itself.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Ben my friend...never take back a girl that dumps you. Plus, she did it for another guy, right? Trust is dead.

Never, ever, ever.

Listen to Lancer pal...

I have pics of a good Catholic girl that wants a pen pal, is marriage minded and is Filipina and therefore much more likely to be faithful to you all her life. That, and she's a beauty...man, what a bod!

Ahem, anyway, let me know if you want an address and pic.

Her name is Ruth.

She knows some sign (sp?) as well. I saw her signing a deaf person. She passed her board exam to become an elementary school teacher and is 24 years old.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Actually, this thread is a good deal more active. Here's a complete list of all of the discussions from the last three days (ignoring irrelevant joins, parts and quits):

--- Day changed Tue Apr 05 2005
        20:15 -!- Edge [~Java_user@85.100.34.226] has joined #Apolyton
        20:16 < Edge> hey?
        20:16 < Edge> hellow?
        20:16 -!- Edge [~Java_user@85.100.34.226] has quit [Quit: Leaving]
        --- Day changed Wed Apr 06 2005
        12:45 -!- gardengnome [~User@CPE-138-130-153-60.nsw.bigpond.net.au] has joined #Apolyton
        12:45 < gardengnome> hello
        12:47 < ari> ?
        12:54 < gardengnome> do u play smac
        12:56 -!- gardengnome [~User@CPE-138-130-153-60.nsw.bigpond.net.au] has quit [Quit: Corpse Script - Mysteries Of The Unexplained - www.CorpseWeb.Tk ]
        20:31 -!- sher [~Java_user@pool-64-223-178-106.man.east.verizon.net] has joined #Apolyton
        20:32 < sher> hello is anyone here?
        20:32 < ari> Hm?
        20:32 < sher> oh hi there
        20:33 < sher> do u know where I can get instructions on how to play civilization 2?
        20:33 < ari> I don't know.. perhaps you should read the manual?*
        20:33 < sher> I dont have one, I had it given to me at a rehab hospital
        20:34 < sher> are there any downloads on how to play online anywhere do you know of?
        20:34 < ari> I see. Well... most of the players who I know don't really appreciate manuals that much. It tends to be more efficient and fun to just poke your way around and ask questions if there's anything specific that you don't understand.
        20:35 < ari> As for playing online, you should probably look at the archive of the Civ2 multiplaying forum, http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisp...?s=&forumid=13
        20:35 < sher> ok thank you
        20:36 < ari> There ought to be at least a few people who have asked the questions you would ask on the forum already, and hopefully answers to those questions, too.
        20:36 < ari> I don't know of any more to tell you, though, I've never played Civ2 multiplayer .
        20:40 -!- sher [~Java_user@pool-64-223-178-106.man.east.verizon.net] has quit [Quit: Leaving]
        --- Day changed Fri Apr 08 2005

No, nothing has been said there today yet. VJ came in earlier today, but he seems to be there only to accompany me in my idling. I've been considering trying to recruit some Civ2, Civ3 and CtP folks in to answer all the newbies' questions, because all I can ever do is direct them to an appropriate forum...
        This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

I usually go in there when im drunk, but no one speaks so I end up having a conversation with the server.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

One thing you can say about Poly folks, we really know how to party.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
              DanS, yes we have a house in town. It's a nice place, Zkrib put up some pics in a thread that might still exist. Maybe he still has a link?
              Nope. I posted it in Oct. 04 or maybe as late as Nov. I just did a search, but came up empty.

It's just around the corner from the college so cute girls wander by alot...

Dolores will never want to sell the house. Houses there stay in a family for generations and that's what I expect will happen with ours.
              Sounds like it has potential as another piece of rental property.

Comment

Yes! Although Dolores frowns on such an option now when we have our new place and are retired there she might like the extra $ enough to do something like that. I think boarding house rooms upstairs and a family owned eatery on the ground floor. We left Bonifacio with instructions to start a BBQ stand as a first step.

We might want to keep our room as a place in town. It would keep our connection to our friends/nieghbors and is a damn good place to watch the college girls go by.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                  Ben my friend...never take back a girl that dumps you. Plus, she did it for another guy, right? Trust is dead.

Never, ever, ever.

Listen to Lancer pal...

I have pics of a good Catholic girl that wants a pen pal, is marriage minded and is Filipina and therefore much more likely to be faithful to you all her life. That, and she's a beauty...man, what a bod!

Ahem, anyway, let me know if you want an address and pic.

Her name is Ruth.

She knows some sign (sp?) as well. I saw her signing a deaf person. She passed her board exam to become an elementary school teacher and is 24 years old.
                  If she needs a job, she can teach in Las Vegas. Not that I would recommend any decent person to live here. .

It turns out my city is looking to the Philappines for teachers. We can't find enough. Or maybe we just can't find enough to work the crappy wages we pay them .

Comment

Diss, that sounds really interesting and I know she would jump at the oportunity. Any chance you could find out who she can contact in the Phils?

Comment

If she's really interested. As I said, Las Vegas isn't the best place for good people to live. Smut is everywhere.

Comment

we do require teachers to be licensed (I'm sure everyone does). This link shows how teachers can train to be licensed to teach in Nevada.

Comment

Sure, but I believe she'll do fine. There's a Philippine community there no doubt. She can find friends that have the same values and support each other in such situations. A few years before I met her Dolores worked in Manila and she retained her values through the help of family, good friends and church. She also helped others to do the same. I would be VERY surprised if Ruth got involved in such stuff in any way. I would be more worried about her personal safety in such a city. But...it's work and that's vital.

Comment

Thanks Diss. She did get certified in the Philippines and they make it very tough in order to cut down on those waiting for placement. Not alot of people pass therefore. She's smart and I believe she would do well getting certified here. I'll copy that page later and send it to her. Maybe she can write to some of those addresses and find out who to contact in the Philippines. There is usually a company doing placements for a fee that foriegners use when looking for Philippine help. Just have to find who they are using.

Comment

Lancer:

No, she met this fellow well after we broke up, about 4 months after. We broke up because she wasn't ready and didn't know what she wanted at the time.

It's really up to her whether or not I get back with her, if she chooses to stay with this guy over me, then that tells me where I stand.

As for trust, we have known each other 4 years, there are maybe one or two friends I trust more.

Secondly, Lancer I speak very well. I don't need someone to sign for me.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

"Secondly, Lancer I speak very well. I don't need someone to sign for me."

That's good.

Let me know if you want to contact Ruth and would like her picture.

Comment

Working...
                                X