Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypothetical Question: If you had to kill your best friend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's why Djinn are not considered to be benevolent spirits.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
      what would you do if you were immortal and the space ship broke down and was adrift in space? Everyone else would die, but you'd be stuck there alone, forever.

immortal is not all it's cracked up to be.
      You could just jump. If your immortal, you'll get there eventually. And you could "swim" against the insterstellar hydrogen

Comment

If I were immortal and didn't want to live any more I'd jump into a black hole

That way the universe would end in (very) finite proper time.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
          Why not, Boris? read my answer up there.
          I'm not a utilitarian, and I'm not going to commit murder/rape/whatever atrocity in an ends-justifies-the-means mentality.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

You wouldn't have a very finite time of it though...

Comment

I've been meaning to ask you: is it you or Jaguar on top most of the time?
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

ewwww

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

a black hole wouldn't kill you either.

and that would be cool. I'd love to see what it looks like in a black hole. Though there is no light, and nothing to see

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

a black hole wouldn't kill you either.
                    I didn't say it would. But as you approach the schwarzchild radius the time you experience goes to zero relative to an observer at infinity.

You never reach the schwarzchild radius. A short amount of time passes for you; an infinite amount of time passes for all outside observers. That way the rest of your life is only five minutes long if you take a plunge into the black hole. You never die, but you only experience a finite amount of time.
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Space, I think immortality would be boring as hell after the first few thousand years
                      Nah, maybe after a million after the sun dies and the earth is super heated it would suck, but then you would have all the time in the world to meditate.

Eventualy, after a few billion years life would reappear, and then a few billion years after that perhaps a new form of intelligent life. Or maybe you would have to wait for the next few cycles to run before anything better than a plant appeared. Or maybe humanity will find a way to stop the sun from decaying, or create a new sun, who knows? If you live forever you will know!

Also it pretty much goes without saying that when you are immortal you feel pain and can lose limbs, get burns, etc. They just heal themselves back to normal after a day or two. After the first few atomic blasts you experience the random bullet to the face or stubbed toe wouldnt feel so bad.

Comment

black holes suck

Maybe I would become like a god and seal all of those damned things off. Or at least post warning signs.

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                          black holes suck
                          Of course they do. Was that intentional?
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                              I would do it for Immortality.
                              Bah.

Tass is right, omnipotence beats that hands down. With omnipotence, you can make yourself immortal. Then when you get bored, you remove the immortality.
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                                Reminds me of the X-Files episode, "Je Souhaite", where wording of wishes played a role. When Mulder wished for world peace, he found out that all people disappeared.
                                Bah, that's so old. That has been done in D&D for ages.

Comment

Working...
                                X