Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hypothetical Question: If you had to kill your best friend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not, Boris? read my answer up there.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Solver

But I'd just sit stuck here on Earth for a long time. OK, in the next two centuries, I may also get a chance to travel to Mars and some other Solar System planets. And then, unless we develop faster-than-light travel, I'd still get amazingly bored within the next 500 years .
      what would you do if you were immortal and the space ship broke down and was adrift in space? Everyone else would die, but you'd be stuck there alone, forever.

immortal is not all it's cracked up to be.

Comment

I doubt theyd let you go though, someone who is immortal, youd want them on Earth for a while yet. In fact they probably wouldnt let you go anywhere and just do tests on you for decades

Yeah, they would probably do weapons testing on me. I don't really fancy being near the epicentre of explosions of all the deadly weapons humankind can ever produce .
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

what would you do if you were immortal and the space ship broke down and was adrift in space? Everyone else would die, but you'd be stuck there alone, forever.

Yeah, my point exactly. Although going to other planets would be good since it's a measure against boredom, temporary at least. But I can't see how one can not become bored without becoming omnipotent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

Youd get somewhere eventually, but be so out of your mind, lots of games of civ Maybe even enough time to fix civ3.

But the worst thing is seeing people you know die around you, so this is probably the least painful way of living forever.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I doubt theyd let you go though, someone who is immortal, youd want them on Earth for a while yet. In fact they probably wouldnt let you go anywhere and just do tests on you for decades

Yeah, they would probably do weapons testing on me. I don't really fancy being near the epicentre of explosions of all the deadly weapons humankind can ever produce .
              actually I've always wondered what it's like in the middle of a nuclear explosion. I'd love to be in the middle of an above ground nuclear test and survive.

Comment

It would get tiresome after a while, too . Besides, no one says immortality means you don't feel pain. How about you are in the middle of a nuclear explosion, your skin melts, you get radiation poisoning and vomit for 10 hours a day, but you're only alive because you're immortal... doesn't seem so good anymore, does it?

Comment

diss:

million
                  billion
                  trillion
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

But the worst thing is seeing people you know die around you,
                    Yes, much better to have your cake and eat it too, immortality with your friends.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

bah, immortality still sucks.

I would ask to be able to have sex with every woman on earth. (and not get std's )

Comment

You sure there are some real dogs.
                        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

I would still have the option of turning them down, they just couldn't turn me down.

Oh I just thought of something. That's the problem with wishes you have to word them carefully.

I'd have to wish that no men (or possibly women) would be angered by the fact I was having sex with people they know.

I don't need to be killed by Brad Pitt for having sex with Jennifer Aniston. Yes I know she just file for divorce. I can't wait until it's official so I can call her up and ask for a date.

Comment

She has a long face, id be too distracted. The woman in my avatar on the other hand.

Comment

Reminds me of the X-Files episode, "Je Souhaite", where wording of wishes played a role. When Mulder wished for world peace, he found out that all people disappeared.

So, Diss, you'd have to mention that you want to be able to have sex with any woman so they can't turn you down, without getting STDs, without angering these said women or anyone else, and that by woman you mean a Homo Sapiens female.

Still not a good wish. What's sex worth if there are no feelings involved? Sex without mutual feelings = collective masturbation.

Comment

Reminds me of the X-Files episode, "Je Souhaite", where wording of wishes played a role. When Mulder wished for world peace, he found out that all people disappeared.

So, Diss, you'd have to mention that you want to be able to have sex with any woman so they can't turn you down, without getting STDs, without angering these said women or anyone else, and that by woman you mean a Homo Sapiens female.

Still not a good wish. What's sex worth if there are no feelings involved? Sex without mutual feelings = collective masturbation.
                                Also what if it gets interpreted wrong and nothing happens when he wishes for it, basically meaning he can already do it with any woman anyway by having a ****. The mind boggles.

Comment

Working...
                                X