No announcement yet.

Unscientific survey of 'poly religious beliefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It can't be proven. If God exists, He's not showing himself directly - why?
    Though signs and miracles like he did before?

Do people automatically believe when these things are there?

Some people die without hearing the prophets and Jesus - I guess it's the deeds that count, not faith,
    but if You hear words of Jesus, You have bigger chance of doing good (perhaps an answer to this one is in Jesus' story about a vineyard).
    Yeah, I think i get what you mean. Is it just that some people get more of an opportunity than others to repent?
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Heresson

A lot of stuff
      For example
      It can't be proven. If God exists, He's not showing himself directly - why?
      Or
      Some people die without hearing the prophets and Jesus - I guess it's the deeds that count, not faith,
      but if You hear words of Jesus, You have bigger chance of doing good (perhaps an answer to this one is in Jesus' story about a vineyard).

About right

The belief is based on these holy books in large part.
      The rest You may be right - That's in fact what Jesus said to pharisees when they were criticising Him for not obeying sabat. It's not the thing that counts.
      But still, it has nothing to do with the discussion itself.
      One can doubt existance of God, and follow rituals,
      and one can believe in God and in rituals, and not follow them.
      This seems to me an extremely strange belief system- being able to doubt a religion enough that you are not sure about the center of the entire faith (a god), yet an unshakable certainty in the details of the faith (prophets, rituals, holy and sacred this that).

My point was that while the term agnostic could be applied to doubting members of particular faiths, I think the term is better applied to those with that simply believe that it is impossible for the existence/non existence of a god to be proven (or believe that if their is a god, there is no way to predict what it's attributes would be).

Comment

• Idiot. Infinity is a concept, not a number
        yeah, and your point?

where have I said it's a number?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

yeah, and your point?

well, you insinuated it was a number when you suggested we take the even numbered rooms in your infinite hotel. That's division. And you can only divide numbers, not the concept of infinity.

PH: be nice to BK, no need to call him names.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

yeah, and your point?

By the analogy you used. It's a complete mathematical fallacy that you cannot use. It's like making 2=1 using a division by 0. Your reasoning is flawed beyond recognition. These parlour tricks may work on your somewhat more dim-witted flock but not here I am afraid...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
              PH: be nice to BK, no need to call him names.
              You know Sava I have no time for f**kwits.

And besides, what your flawed analogy has to do with the paradox I gave you I am not sure. Again, wriggling and writhing.
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Nuclear

Since when do I spell like that? And so what if I believe in God?
                "I am sooo cleva I can spot obvyus trolls. It is becos I beleev in god!"
                Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by quantum_mechani
                  This seems to me an extremely strange belief system- being able to doubt a religion enough that you are not sure about the center of the entire faith (a god), yet an unshakable certainty in the details of the faith (prophets, rituals, holy and sacred this that).
                  oh, not all the details.
                  Just that in the karaite-samaritan-jewish-christian-muslim tradition, Christianity is the only acceptable.

My point was that while the term agnostic could be applied to doubting members of particular faiths, I think the term is better applied to those with that simply believe that it is impossible for the existence/non existence of a god to be proven (or believe that if their is a god, there is no way to predict what it's attributes would be).
                  Well, and what has it to do with my claim that agnostic and atheist choice should be separated?
                  "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS

"I am sooo cleva I can spot obvyus trolls. It is becos I beleev in god!"

Since I have no clue how to respond to that, I'll just ignore you.

Comment

• Bah. On my calculator, infinity/2 = infinity.
                      "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                      "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                      Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord Nuclear

Since I have no clue how to respond to that
                        My point exactly...

I'll just ignore you.
                        "but at leest I hav my faith and u cant take that away from me..."

Comment

My point exactly...

"but at leest I hav my faith and u cant take that away from me..."

By the way, no hard feelings, right?

Comment

• Way to ignore me - hell you're easier to troll than fez...

I'd call you a ******, but they'd probably be insulted if I did...

Comment

Way to ignore me - hell you're easier to troll than fez...

I'd call you a ******, but they'd probably be insulted if I did...

I don't understand you in the slightest. Do you want to make enemies?

Comment

• Like shooting fish in a barrel!

I've had my entertainment, you're boring me now...

Comment

Working...
                                X