Hinduism
    0.00%
    Buddhism
    1.50%
    Other...
    7.52%
    I worship the Cowbell!
    3.01%
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

I worship myself.

I am my own god.

Comment

I've been an atheist since the tender age of 16. Like Laplace said, I don't need that hypothesis
      Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I hope you're not worshiping yourself right now

Comment

I became a born again Christian at the age of 19. Over the years my faith was slowly eroded away by a growing awareness and love for science. As my knowledge of science increased, so my tolerance for Biblical inaccuracy and dogma decreased. I always assumed that my faith would make a last stand inside the Gospel, but last year at the age of 31, even this was taken away. My belief collapsed in a final dust cloud of scepticism.

I'm not certain what my belief system is now. I do feel terribly cynical about life, which I suppose is a predictable consequence of escaping Christianity. I'm investigating philosophy to try and make sense of things, especially the work of Friedrich Nietzsche. I'm hoping to immerge from nihilism, and maybe explore some form of existentialism.

Yet despite losing the dream of eternal life, I feel strangely liberated. My love of life has not diminished either.
          Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

I don't want to discount religion. Sure, it's full of crap, but I'm beginning to think spirituality is important.

There must be some reason why so many civilizations and groups accross time and throughout the world developed some sort of religion.

I do believe spirituality is important. Unfortunately I have none. Perhaps this is why I'm unhappy.

The saying is true. ignorance is bliss. It's easy to be ignorant and believe god will take care of things in the end, and all will be well. But when you know betteer, and you see how ****ty humans really are. You get depressed.

Comment

I have become increasingly agnostic since my baptism. Presently I see no value to any concrete belief set which consists of unprovable statements or judgements. I try to believe nothing, and let things surprise me.
              Zen looks like a good way to merge that approach with the kind of non-rational though process which humans appear to require, under the blanket label of spirituality.
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

philosophy is for fags. living is for people
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I voted Christian, allthough I am actually an agnostic. This is because I consider the Christian morals and ethics an integral part of me. But I still don't believe a word of all the gibberish in the Bible

Asmodean
                  Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                    Living in ignorance of pending mortality is for animals. The philosophical life is a preparation for death.
                    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

You missed Amish.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144

And thinking about what you're writing is clearly beyond you, isn't it ?
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Though, not exactly a religion... Taoist.
                          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                            I don't want to discount religion. Sure, it's full of crap, but I'm beginning to think spirituality is important.

There must be some reason why so many civilizations and groups accross time and throughout the world developed some sort of religion.
                            That´s one of the reasons I voted "Buddhism".

I think every religion has some kind of insight into the truth behind all the questions concerning life, the universe and everything,
                            but no religion can say it is in possession of the only truth and the views of all other religions are false.

I was raised in a christian household (not fundamentalist christian) but I think my beliefs are rather near to buddhism, thinking that you go through multiple lifes, with learning lessons in each of them.
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Bananaism :doitnow:

*voting for banana for all possible polls are my religion(since it is obviously spiritual as it has no other rational justification), otherwise I don't care about all those stupid stuff*

Comment

Working...
                              X