Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you support grade/discipline based segregation in schools ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Japher

Flubber's dad tought wood shop, and carried a bat...

Nope generally 8th and 9th grade math and literature with occasionally some higher grade literature-- In earlier years pretty much everything.

You don't need a bat. A lot of teachers only need their "don't F*** with me " look. One teacher at my school was like that . Never had a discipline problem because he REEKED authority. He also was pretty reasonable in that he never bothered with any non-disruptive quick chats or note passing and you could get up and go to the bathroom whenever you wanted etc. He actually gave a one minute talk at the first of the year about treating people like adults until they prove they need to be treated otherwise.
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor
      No.

That's why you remove the few really bad apples that spoil many weak willed

To lift the werewolf curse, we must slay the original werewolf.
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• I had a lot of teachers that had the same look course till my senior year they were all nuns
        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
        "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
        Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
          I need to ask what is considered a bad apple in the eyes here. Some kids that are really smart act up so they are accpeted. Some not so smart kids act up because they dont get what is being taught. Then you have just the stupid person that acts up to cause trouble. When you look at all kids in general why seperate them if they dont want it. Sure there are brainaics that need and want to be away from all the rest and by all means create a seperate class for those kids.
          Bad apple is not really the term I want to use, but I was responding to Spiffor. I think that kids who only show up whenever they feel like it, never do homework, and don't put in any effort when they are in class are the students who don't deserve to be there, and they mess it up for the school and the other students. Schools would do much better if they were able to give these kids the boot. What we do with these students I don't know. Maybe they go to a bootcamp where their needs are better met or something.

There's a school here in Fresno that you can only get into if you have near perfect attendance and things like that. It's a very high achieving school and the students don't necessarily have higher intelligence although some of them do. They're just students who are very serious about thier education.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Kid, you are sounding more and more like a conservative.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• That's because Kid is a conservative with an overblown sense of self-entitlement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                That's because Kid is a conservative with an overblown sense of self-entitlement.
                I thought he was a commie
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• He is.

Comment

• Originally posted by St Leo
                    Originally posted by Spiffor
                    No.

That's why you remove the few really bad apples that spoil many weak willed

To lift the werewolf curse, we must slay the original werewolf.
                    So we should exterminate the kids who are "naturally rebellious"? That's a little harsh don't you think?

Well OK, it sounds like a plan. At what age do you think the culling should occur? Six? Ten? Twelve?
                    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• Two

Comment

• I still say aneeshm has this all backwards.

The rebellious students are the bright ones.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Sick and tired of pathetic teachers, no doubt.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I still say aneeshm has this all backwards.

It depends on which "rebelious" behavior, but that is true in some cases, but not all.

Comment

Perhaps the one who know why they're rebellious are, but there are plenty of disruptive or destructive students who either can't or won't do the work because it's beyond them, or doesn't suit them.
                              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I still say aneeshm has this all backwards.

I think by rebellious he means disruptive.
                                I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Working...
                                X