Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you support grade/discipline based segregation in schools ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sikander is right about certain advantages of military education/training.

For example, in the IDF, there is this course that trains people to speak arabic fluently in 8 weeks.
    urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Barinthus
      To be honest I never will understand attitude some of you have described.

I went to one of top public high schools in my state. I'd say at least 80% of us took our education very seriously - good number of us came from upper middle class (not me) where parents were college educated themselves and very involved. It's a small town too so everybody knows everybody.
      State? Aren't you British?

Rebellious kids or those who don't care about their education were considered socially unacceptable at my school.

Nearly everybody in my graduating class went on to college and about third of them went on to Ivy League schools.

Teachers were respected. Sure, we didn't always agree with them but we respected them (or at least pretend to). Those who displayed their disrespect openly to a teacher -

In four years of high school, I only received one detention and it was for being late three times to school. Receiving a detention is considered a shameful thing.

For me, receiving a 'C' is shameful and 'B' barely tolerable.

Before anybody make a comment it's a nerd school or whatever, it's the opposite actually. Most students were involved in sports all around the year. Our teams often won state championships or placed very high statewide.

So I will just never understand why would anybody just want to urinate away their education. :shrug:
      It's exactly the same way at my school.

Comment

• Nah, I just like to change flags once in a while. I'm an American. Grew up in Maine.
        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Working...
        X