• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly Whaleboy...

"do-do-do-di-do...we're loving it..."

No we f**king well are not!
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The KFC ones where they sing everything to each other. Shoot them all in the head with a big gun !
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

/me loves Closed Captioning.

Heaven!
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

The new Burger King commercial is really getting on my nerves. The one with Brooke Burke at the end. At first I thought it was pretty cool because it was different, but damn if I have to hear it again my head will explode.

The reason that commerical is an abomination is because it takes a CLASSIC song (Big Rock Candy Mountain) and kills it .
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

From those of us who have given up television as an overall waste of time.
            The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
            And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
            Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
            Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
              * Ben Kenobi loves Closed Captioning.

Heaven!
              What?
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The most annoying commercial.. would have to be this one for beep-beep.com.. a site where you can buy a car or something... I always mute it.. it is atrociously horrible.
                For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

My new theory for maintaining my weight is to, every time I feel like taking a beer, take two.

I don't see much TV commercials, but anything that's on the TV Shop is practically certain to be scratchin-eyes-out bad.
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                    My new theory for maintaining my weight is to, every time I feel like taking a beer, take two.
                    Git
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Git?
                      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Yes, trying to eat more to gain weight - I have the opposite struggle...
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

There is a current advertisement for London's Capital (it isn't, believe me) Radio which manages to combine a singing & dancing radio host with enforced jollity like the sort that wouldn't be out of place in a pantomime at Butlin's run by the Spanish Inquisition.

What makes this televisual abortion all the more annoying is that it takes a great Martha and the Vandellas' single (Dancing in the Street) and gets an irritating British male clad in a variety of allegedly humorous guises (striped pyjamas, drag) to 'dance' in 'normal' streetscapes with other 'normal' people (all seemingly suffering from early morning Tourette's and St Vitus's Dance) and sing in a ghastly mid-Atlantic accent.

It perplexes me that underage car thieves who are hit and run drivers are never around when most they are needed, such as when this advert was being filmed.
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

What?
                            I never hear any ad jingles with closed captioning.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                            X