No announcement yet.

Imagine if your future king visited and noone showed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crown Princess Mary is most excellent in many ways, and she's so far handled the transition to her new life very well I think.

And no, you can't have her back, no matter how much you beg.
    Attached Files

Comment

I could get used to Princess Madeleine on our money.
      Attached Files
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
        Given his maternal grandmother's healthy dislike for Edward VIII and Charles's close attachment to her, it's unlikely he'd be an Edward.

He might be a George as a gesture of respect for his maternal grandfather. I suspect neither Philip nor Arthur would be chosen, although we very nearly have had a real 'King Arthur' on several occasions, but assassination and natural death intervened. Who knows? He might choose Richard, William, Stephen or Mary.
        I believe George VII was the name I heard he might choose for himself.

Personally, I think he looks more like a Dudley. King Dudley I, anyone?
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Interesting, I always thought it was just an affinity for the way things used to be with the Queen and all. I didn't realize that Canada, and Australlia and such were actually still considered subjects of the crown. How does that work? Does it matter anyway?

When will the Windsors stop playing dress up and just face up to their own irrelevency?
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
            I could get used to Princess Madeleine on our money.
            Good lord, that even turns me on a bit.

Wait..wait... I think it's just the tiara, never mind.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Just learn from us and pick two names for Kings that you alternate between. Apart from our current Queen Margrethe, we've had nothing but Christian's and Frederik's for the past 500 years.

Saves an awful lot of trouble, except that 58 years ago, when proclaiming the new King Frederik IX, the prime minister managed to get the names mixed up a little anyway, "King Christian is dead. Long live His Majesty King Chri... King Frederik IX!"

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                Interesting, I always thought it was just an affinity for the way things used to be with the Queen and all. I didn't realize that Canada, and Australlia and such were actually still considered subjects of the crown. How does that work? Does it matter anyway?
                The Queen is the head of state, and everything is done in her name. Government land is called 'crown land', DAs are called 'crown prosecutors' and so on. The Prime Minister selects a Governor General who is appointed by the queen as her representative. This person acts as the unelected President of the country. The role is mainly ceremonial, meeting other heads of state, etc. So when Bush comes to Canada, he is met not by the PM, but by the GG.

The GG can have some real power in the case of minority governments, ie. when no one party has a majority of seats in parliament. In the cases where the government loses a confidence vote, s/he can choose to offer another party the chance to form a government or call a new election. There have been rare cases of this power being used controversially in both Canada and Australia.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Facinating.

So I guess there is still a chance of King Harry dissolving Parliment and setting up a fascist state over all the old Commonwealth?

Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                    If the British Royals looked more like Princess Madeleine of Sweden, I'd turn up.
                    HRH Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingborg is 233th in the line of successors to the British throne, now you'll just need to eliminate the competition. Other interesting people on the list include King Harald V of Norway (60th) and a lot of descendants of the Yugoslavian and Russian ex-monarchs - European royalty truly is quite inbred.
                    Wiio's First Law: Communication usually fails, except by accident.

Comment

Something funny...had a brit here a while ago and he was a little puzzled about some of our terms for things monarchical.

Crown Land: I don't know what this land is called in England, but in Canada it's the sovereigns land administered in trust by the government. And there's just oodles of it.

In court 'the Crown', 'Crowns': Usually this means 'the government, however 'a Crown' or 'Crowns' refers to prosecutors.

Is this different in England?
                      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Actually it's not the soveriegn's land at all. It's owned by the government. We just call it "crown land".

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

The Governor-General actually fired a Government here back in 1975....

Comment

Originally posted by Bkeela
                            Princess Madeleine is hot!

Prince William should hook up with her.
                            The European royals are inbred enough already thank you very much!

@Geronimo, dumb yank!

Comment

We'd bring her here to be Queen of Canada, if the Brits booted her out.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

now you'll just need to eliminate the competition.

I don't care if she does end up Queen of Hearts or whatever. I just want to do bad things to her.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X