No announcement yet.

Imagine if your future king visited and noone showed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynastic unions aren't unheard of. For example, Emperor Charles I of Austria and the Holy Roman Empire was also King Charles V of Spain.

Archduke Charles I of Austria, Emperor Charles V of the HRE, King Charles I of Spain.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

I was under the impression that Charles would adopt a different name upon coming King anyway. Isn't that Windsor tradition? Like he might be another George or Edward instead of a Charles.

Given his maternal grandmother's healthy dislike for Edward VIII and Charles's close attachment to her, it's unlikely he'd be an Edward.

He might be a George as a gesture of respect for his maternal grandfather. I suspect neither Philip nor Arthur would be chosen, although we very nearly have had a real 'King Arthur' on several occasions, but assassination and natural death intervened. Who knows? He might choose Richard, William, Stephen or Mary.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

King Wayne?

King Liam?
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

King Noddy.

If for no other reason than the terrible puns the newspapers (ok I actually mean me) can come up with.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
            King Wayne?

King Liam?

King Darryl and Queen Waynetta. They honeymoon in Benidorm and reside in Billericay.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I knew we shouldve let them win the rugby world cup.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Dracon II
                Given the public reaction that we've seen over the past week... maybe when Elizabeth dies the throne of Australia (Elizabeth's title is Queen of Australia down here, Whitlam organised that) should pass to Prince Frederic.... he could be the Prince of Australia (sorta like Wales is for the crown prince in England).
                The media can hype 'Princess Mary' all it wants, but to me she'll always be a Tasmanian real estate agent who married an inbred Dane.
                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

funny that one, when the Queen showed up in Potsdam, thousands of Germans rushed there

Comment

Originally posted by Case

...Tasmanian real estate agent who married an inbred Dane.
                    Like poles attract ?

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                      Monarchy

Republic
                      In peacetime, yes... but who needs the war weariness of Republic when the bullets start flying?
                      Some cry `Allah O Akbar` in the street. And some carry Allah in their heart.
                      "The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84

Comment

"we love the chairman" communism >> *
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                          If the British Royals looked more like Princess Madeleine of Sweden, I'd turn up.
                          Princess Madeleine
                          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Princess Madeleine is hot!

Prince William should hook up with her.
                            Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Case

The media can hype 'Princess Mary' all it wants, but to me she'll always be a Tasmanian real estate agent who married an inbred Dane.
                              A tasmanian who married an inbred? I guess they were perfect for each other...

Comment

Just looked up a photo of Madeleine... not too keen on her... too Swedish looking for my liking.

Princess Alexandria however....

Comment

Working...
                                X