Imagine if your future king visited and noone showed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine if your future king visited and noone showed up

Poor Prince Charles has been in Australia and noone except a few die hard monarchists and those who had to be there for official reasons bothered to turn up.

When he was in Canberra I didn't see a single person rushing off to spectate.

This contrasts with former royal tours where people have turned out in their tens of thousands.

One conservative paper tried to beat up the crowds but even they could only manage "a thousand" well wishers in Sydney, many of whom would have been in the area anyway.

No matter what the monarchists say I suspect that Charles will be seeing the writing on the wall, at least for his reign. His son might turn it around.
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Harry was there?
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

No he came alone - and looked very lonely.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Monarchy

Republic
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

but this is someone else monarchy. It's not that bad if it's a foriegn monarch visiting your country is it? On the other hand the guy is not only not a monarch yet, but he might never be one for all we know now.

No surprise that australians aren't that curious about the visit by a possibly future foriegn monarch is it?

Comment

It's their monarch as well.

Comment

and Canada's, and New Zealand's

Comment

Stupid american
                Last edited by Zoid; March 4, 2005, 19:18.
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

generalizations.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

The monarchistswas probably too busy attending Frededric and Mary's visit.
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                      Monarchy
                      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                        generalizations.
                        Is this better?

Generalizations
                        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Anarchy

But it's certainly better that the protesting mobs some other heads of state get...
                          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I doubt the reign of King Charlie will do particularly well over here too...could it possibly (finally!) be the end of the monarchy?
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                              and Canada's, and New Zealand's
                              Why would you want to share a monarch?

Comment

Working...
                              X