• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kamrat X
    Stupid american
    I am here but to entertain

Comment

And you do! Some independent countries of the British Commonwealth (formerly the British Empire) have retained the Queen as their head of state. Canada, Australia, New Zealand and some Carribean countries have, and maybe some others I'm unaware of. Other countries in the Commonwealth with a less favorable remembrance of British rule are republics, such as India and South Africa.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo
        Why would you want to share a monarch?

Dynastic unions aren't unheard of. For example, Emperor Charles I of Austria and the Holy Roman Empire was also King Charles V of Spain. His combined Hapsburg holdings scared the bejeezus out of France and England.
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

The more I live under America's republic the more wistful I am at the thoughts of Monarchy.

A real one anyway. If Bush were a real King we could have a good purge of liberals, conquer the world and that would pretty much be that.

Instead I have to hear the constant moaning and groaning and see buffons like Michael Moore and Tim Robbins hold court on television.

Bah.

Comment

Given the public reaction that we've seen over the past week... maybe when Elizabeth dies the throne of Australia (Elizabeth's title is Queen of Australia down here, Whitlam organised that) should pass to Prince Frederic.... he could be the Prince of Australia (sorta like Wales is for the crown prince in England).

......... or better yet we could have a Republic

But no popularly elected president!!!

Comment

Meh.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Basically you're talking about some of the most stable and free democracies in the world so the majority of people don't want to change the system.

That's what keeps the constitutional monarchy alive in far flung places.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Yeah, but all that won't bring well-wishers to Charlie III.

Those Charlies haven't had it easy, have they?
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

really bad karma to name a future English King Charles
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

What attracts the passion of the herd is nothing worth blinking at. If the Australian public had their way, they would probably like Guy Sebastion as their king.

Long live the Queen.

Death to the Republicans and their inferiority complexes.
                      Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
                        Yeah, but all that won't bring well-wishers to Charlie III.

Those Charlies haven't had it easy, have they?
                        I was under the impression that Charles would adopt a different name upon coming King anyway. Isn't that Windsor tradition? Like he might be another George or Edward instead of a Charles.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I thought they were going to skip Charles and go straight to one of his sons.

Actually I have a question. The monarch is the nominal head of the Anglican church, does he have any decision making power over the church? Or is it purely nominal?
                          Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

Like his power over the state, nominal.
                            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

How would I know this thread is about Bigears even before opening it?
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

If the British Royals looked more like Princess Madeleine of Sweden, I'd turn up.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X