No announcement yet.

Outsourcing Torture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet true. Ramo rarely does anything without the theme.

Ok, so because most of my political threads are critical of Bush in some way, I don't care about torture by other regimes (nevermind that Bush controls the country that I live in, am most informed about, is the epicenter of world politics, have the strongest feeling towards, and have the strongest hope of making a difference in)? Sorry, but that's pretty damn idiotic. It's even more idiotic for BlackCat since I've never discussed anything with him before.

Whatever chief. The records on repeat today. Someone just bothered to call Ramo out. It's up to him to defend his point of view. Oh yeah, it's also up to him to try and be civil about it, which he hasn't.

Alright, I said my piece.

Sorry if I'm not civil about ad hominens. I made a thread just for sanctimony, so go for it dude.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
      Kid : Have you ever wondered why you are sometimes ignored ?
      Because I don't claim that everytime someone says something about Bush that they are Bushbashing?
      Anyway, the theme is torture; is US always to blame and especially are Bush the real devil ?
      The theme is Bush. So what. People are very disturbed about him. Bushbashing is bringing up every little stupid thing he says. This isn't Bushbashing. It's a legitimate concern.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

What's even funnier here is that I really didn't give a flying **** in November who won the US election. But my concern over this issue must be because I'm bashing Bush, and must have nothing to do with the fact that a supposedly friendly country is shipping our citizens off to be tortured for no reason other than the fact that they don't like how they look. If I was of Arabic descent and was a citizen of a Western nation I wouldn't step a foot near the US right now. Lord knows where they might ship me off to, even if I'd violated no laws (as Mr. Arar had not).
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Just try to discuss something without attacking the other posters. Really, you guys can go at it, but anytime you start bashing the other guy it just makes you look like you're more interested in picking a fight.

Comment

I was discussing the issues with lotm. We were having a civil conversation. I responded to BC's ad hominens in kind.
            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
            -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

Because I don't claim that everytime someone says something about Bush that they are Bushbashing?
              Nope, because of your statemens .

The theme is Bush. So what. People are very disturbed about him. Bushbashing is bringing up every little stupid thing he says. This isn't Bushbashing. It's a legitimate concern. [/QUOTE]

That depends how you present it. I don't mind a bit if someone states that US are doing wrong sending back refugees to states doing torture, but that was not theway it was presented - it was stated that Bush-the-idiot was the person to blame.
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
                it was stated that Bush-the-idiot was the person to blame.
                What the hell? Who the hell cares? I'm just dumbfounded that someone would be upset about someone else saying something bad about Bush when there is the subject of torure at hand. It just ****ing amazes me.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

BlackCat is being an ass

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
                    Ok, sending terror suspects to places like Syria where there's no due process is a threat to liberty everywhere. That's ultimately the point.
                    Perhaps we should just eliminate Syria and have done with it.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Let's see if I understand this.

Syria, a state perennially on our ****list, that has assisted in transporting foreign fighters into Iraq to kill our troops, that is suspected of harboring WMDs and participating in nuclear weapon research, that has had several minor clashes with us on the Iraq border, and that supports Hezbollah, a terrorist organization that has killed US troops and civilians...

...is where we are sending suspected terrorists to be interrogated?

For us?

Comment

Tell me, when we caught Soviet spies during the cold war, did we also have our good friends in East Germany work them over for us?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                          Let's see if I understand this.

Syria, a state perennially on our ****list, that has assisted in transporting foreign fighters into Iraq to kill our troops, that is suspected of harboring WMDs and participating in nuclear weapon research, that has had several minor clashes with us on the Iraq border, and that supports Hezbollah, a terrorist organization that has killed US troops and civilians...

...is where we are sending suspected terrorists to be interrogated?

For us?
                          I don't know. Why did it happen, then?
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Immigration blunder? It wouldn't be the first time.

Comment

I'm not saying it dosen't happen. I just don't see it happening with Syria.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                                Immigration blunder? It wouldn't be the first time.
                                The dude was carrying a Canadian passport, man

The US authorities were well aware of the fact that he was Canadian. There was no apology and no help from them when we got him back either.

In fact, our PM recently had to work to get a promise that the US wouldn't do something like that again without informing us first

I still say we should ship a dual US-Kraplakistan citizen off to the ****hole he came from in order to be tortured as payment
                                Stadtluft Macht Frei
                                Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Working...
                                X