Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tassadar500
    replied
    Yes, I am. Laurentius, I'm not talking about the Egyptian case specifically, but in general. In one of the earliest updates, Micha states one elephant could turn the tide of a battle, and a few dozen seem impossible to beat.

Leave a comment:

• laurentius
    replied
    Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
    After some reading, I also have found out that there was a small Jewish population in Cyrene, and that it was heavily influenced by Hellenistic culture, not Persian culture.
    Yes and whats interesting too is how most of Alexandrias inhabitants were jewish during the Roman period. In fact there were more jews living in Alexandriathan Jerusalem itself! A million some say. Are you jewish yourself?
    Last edited by laurentius; January 31, 2005, 21:30.

Leave a comment:

• laurentius
    replied
    It is true that out of the 34 elephants Hannibal took with him to cross the Alps only few, maybe 6 survived. However shortly after his great victory at Cannae, a fleet from Africa brought a reinforcement of Numidians along with 40 additional elephants. So he had quite a few elephants to fight against Rome.

Michas decision may be backed by the fact that Egyptians were very familiar with elephants and thus knew how to route them. Appleciders might have brought this up in his orders

Leave a comment:

• Tassadar500
    replied
    After some reading, I also have found out that there was a small Jewish population in Cyrene, and that it was heavily influenced by Hellenistic culture, not Persian culture.

Leave a comment:

• Tassadar500
    replied
    Just some interesting facts. Carthage used the Phoenician alphabet, but spoked a slightly different dialect. Carthage was a mix of Roman/Greek culture, and African culture, thus making a rather weird religion, including child sacrifice. Hannibal the Great was considered a good general because he brought his troops into the Roman lands for years, against a force 15x his, and had to climb over the Alps.

Now Micha, Hannibal had only two War Elephants when he was in Italy. I guess they did quite a lot of damage, so why did an army of 100 War Elephants do so little? Even in Lord of the Rings, there were only about 10 Mumakil, the Haradrim term for War Elephants. Maybe there should be less War Elephants, and make them cost many more talents?

Leave a comment:

• laurentius
    replied
    Yes. I though it would be polite to refer to it in its own language

Leave a comment:

• Tassadar500
    replied
    Originally posted by laurentius
    Rome to Kart Hadasht

Of course.

I assume you meant Carthage?

Leave a comment:

• laurentius
    replied
    Rome rejects Athens generous offer but offers Tassadar the technology of spamming

Leave a comment:

• laurentius
    replied
    Rome to Kart Hadasht

Of course.

Leave a comment:

• Tassadar500
    replied
    To: Rome

Well, you must let us keep Panormos. It is ours, after all.

Leave a comment:

• laurentius
    replied
    I wont be able to send my orders in 10 hours. I could in 15 hours though

Leave a comment:

• Tassadar500
    replied
    I should be posting some stories next turn, and there will be multiple chapters.

Leave a comment:

• Micha
    replied
    Yeah, you´re right... Don´t worry about me, till now everything went extraordinarily fine!

Update will start in ten hours, so
    GET YOUR ORDERS IN !!!

Leave a comment:

• laurentius
    replied
    Hey dude, shouldnt you be sleeping or something?

Dont let this ruin your exam

And no, we have not canceled anything as far as I know. Actually as we speak my trade advisor came up with the latest figures wich seem to point out more towards 10-12 t/t income...

Leave a comment:

• Micha
    replied
    Stories from Persia and Carthage

So did Rome cancel the fabrics trade with Carthage? If not, just set a default term like 8 t/t...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X