Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micha
    replied
    Erm, after sighting my examination plan, Monday becomes impossible. Having an exam on Monday 18:00 (6pm) and one on Tuesday 8:30...

But Tuesday noon sounds perfectly fine
    So no hurry, no worry

Leave a comment:

• appleciders
    replied
    I'd better get to plotting then.

Leave a comment:

• Tassadar500
    replied
    I should have it in tomorrow then.

Leave a comment:

• Micha
    replied
    Monday. Though I cannot promise anything, I think Monday will be doable...

Leave a comment:

• Tassadar500
    replied
    When will the update be? I'm trying to see when I should finish my orders.

Leave a comment:

• appleciders
    replied
    Originally posted by laurentius
    Rome to the World

Theres no need to worry. Our navy will destroy the Greek pirates. Any assistance is welcome though.
    We regret to inform you that we will not be able to reimburse you for any losses due to piracy. The iron is not ours until we've paid for it at Tanys, and the grain is yours when you buy it at Tanys. However, we have confidence that Rome will adequately protect its merchant fleets and this will be irrelevant.

Leave a comment:

• Micha
    replied
    Originally posted by appleciders
    OOC: Micha, I see "Tourism" listed among Macedonia's income. How did they manage that one?
    The olympic games!
    Also Athens is attracting many people because of its philosophers and schools; Carthage will have that too for its wonder, and once your nation is stabilized Egypt might also become a destination for wealthy travellers...

Originally posted by foolish_icarus
    Macedonia to Rome and the Northern Greek cities :

Aesop's fable of the three little boys--

There once was a little boy named Macedonia. He had two good friends, who were also good friends of each other, named Rome and Magna. One day, a bully name Pyrrhus came along, and tripped Magna, who fell on Rome. Magna and Rome started yelling at each other, and were very angry, and began fighting. At this time, Macedonia pointed out that it was an accident, and tempers had gotten the better of everyone, and this bickering and shoving weren't really necessary. Magna and Rome began flinging accusations at each other, and Macedonia, very irritated, saw no choice but to beat some good sense into the rotten little twerps, dear to him as they were. This of course solved nothing, and all three friends began fighting, and were unhappy, and bully Pyrrhus laughed and stole their toys while they were busy fighting their friends.

We don't think we need to point out the moral of the story. Come on, Pyrrhus is the enemy here, let's forget everything else and get rid of him and his army of thugs.
    Most excellent, Aesop!

Leave a comment:

• foolish_icarus
    replied
    Macedonia to Rome and the Northern Greek cities :

Aesop's fable of the three little boys--

There once was a little boy named Macedonia. He had two good friends, who were also good friends of each other, named Rome and Magna. One day, a bully name Pyrrhus came along, and tripped Magna, who fell on Rome. Magna and Rome started yelling at each other, and were very angry, and began fighting. At this time, Macedonia pointed out that it was an accident, and tempers had gotten the better of everyone, and this bickering and shoving weren't really necessary. Magna and Rome began flinging accusations at each other, and Macedonia, very irritated, saw no choice but to beat some good sense into the rotten little twerps, dear to him as they were. This of course solved nothing, and all three friends began fighting, and were unhappy, and bully Pyrrhus laughed and stole their toys while they were busy fighting their friends.

We don't think we need to point out the moral of the story. Come on, Pyrrhus is the enemy here, let's forget everything else and get rid of him and his army of thugs.

Leave a comment:

• appleciders
    replied
    OOC: Micha, I see "Tourism" listed among Macedonia's income. How did they manage that one?

Leave a comment:

• laurentius
    replied
    Rome to Northern Greek cities

Only because we wanted to see your reaction. I must say we were pretty disappointed for your lack of perspective.

Rome to Sparta

Deal.

OOC:

Awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Micha
    replied
    Make it 7 and you've got a deal. The Egyptian are paying 9 for the same stuff, so I believe our offer is reasonable.
    Yes, but the Egyptians are filthy rich people, plus they need more of iron than we do...
    Six is the highest we could go. Take it or leave it...

Leave a comment:

• Micha
    replied
    Northern Greek cities to Rome
    Excuse me, what?
    You demanded our annexiation and threatened with war!

In other News
    I have added the road network to the map, so it´s easier to see what has been done and what still needs attention.
    Also the two Wonders ("Guardian of the West", "Pyramids") have been added to the map.

Leave a comment:

• laurentius
    replied
    Originally posted by Micha

Most excellent! Iron makes an otherwise good soldier invincible!
    We however don´t have enough honey to supply you, as our small surplus already goes to other nations.
    We offer to buy iron at 5 talents / turn.
    Make it 7 and you've got a deal. The Egyptian are paying 9 for the same stuff, so I believe our offer is reasonable.

Leave a comment:

• laurentius
    replied
    Rome to Northern Greek cities

The only ones responsible for this sudden change-in are the Magna Graecian and the Macedonian general leading them. We are only protecting ourselves. If you are indeed as friendly and peace-loving as you say you are then you should have accepted our proposal without any doubts of our motives.

You have yourselves shown not to be trustworthy. Therefore you have become a liability. Dont blame us for what was bring to us by foreigners.

Leave a comment:

• Micha
    replied
    Rome to Sparta

We are very interested to trade Roman iron for your honey. What about you?
    Most excellent! Iron makes an otherwise good soldier invincible!
    We however don´t have enough honey to supply you, as our small surplus already goes to other nations.
    We offer to buy iron at 5 talents / turn.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X