No announcement yet.

Worst game ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, gameplay over graphics... but AFAIK it takes longer time, to make 3D graphics, than 2D graphics... and 3D graphics requires a better computer, than 2D graphics would...
    And in War3's case, they should have spent the time, they spent on 3D graphics, on making gameplay better... I wouldn't call it great... it's just avarage gameplay... and avarage can always get better (Therefore the name )

Maq: Yes, I'm tired of this trend also... they mentioned in an interview some time ago, that SC3 was set to be in 3D, simply "Because everything is 3D nowadays"... It was the producers who wanted it, but lucky for us, the developers persuaded the producers to make it isometric instead...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Robinson's Requiem. Words do not describe how vomitorious this game was.

Your ship crashes on an alien world, and you're left with nothing -- no tools, no weapons, no nothing. You've got to get off of the planet, somehow. A nice concept, except that the graphics were buggy, and the game was too damned hard! The game tracks every little injury and malady that is inflicted upon you (Slept outside overnight without shelter? Now you've got pnumonia! Slept outside on hard ground? Now you've got a twisted back! Didn't boil that water? Now you've got cholera! Cut your arm in that knife-fight? Now it's gangrenous, time to cut it off!), and you can pretty much guarantee that anything that can go wrong will go wrong. Supposedly you encounter aliens and robots and alien robots later in the game, but we always died after about three days in the wilderness.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Well, I've played some lemons in my time. But the ones that really hurt are the ones you get so hyped up about and get your expectations real high for.

Like MoO3.

Comment

Well if the gripe is just that low end systems can't play the game then I am not that sympathetic.
          I had hoped to actually play WC3...
          As it is, I cannot, so WC3 disappoints until I can buy a new computer.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Star Voyager for the NES

I would recommend downloading the rom just to see a truely awful game.

you can play the game literally for hours, flying around in a starship without finding anything other than a few empty planets.

It was a task to even get killed in the game (Insert MoO3 joke here)

Luckily I didn't pay for it, it was a gift from my (former) step-grandparents.

Blech

Comment

Star Wars Rebellion

Black and White

Call to Power 2

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18

I love problems where the solution is neatly packaged with it.

Comment

Black and White
                  I dunno WTF the reviewers were on giving it constant 90%+ ratings but that game sends me to sleep.
                  Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                  CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                  One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Don't forget the unanimous 100% given by about 12 different game review sites to Crono Cross

Of course there are even the opposites, as sites giving crap marks to great games as The Longest Journey (54% WFT???)
                    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Chrono Cross is that bad?

My roommate had it and I played it. I thought it was pretty good - it was a Japanese RPG (which means it will have many stereotypical elements). My only problem was that I couldn't figure out who I wanted in my party, I had like 25 guys and only 4 slots.
                      I never know their names, But i smile just the same
                      New faces...Strange places,
                      Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
                      -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18

My system wasn't up to running it smoothly either. But I doubled my ram from 128 to 256 for $30 in a last ditch cheap attempt to make it playable.

It worked, I still need to disable things, but it was sped up very much.

Try that...
                        While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Yes you need 256K minimum these days. RAM is so cheap, there is no reason not to upgrade. Additionally a cheap celeron or duron processor (not my personal preference, but ok for those who don't want to spend too much on their computer) around the 1Ghz mark, and a low end Ge-force or Radeon card would not be that expensive.

Comment

Black and White Was a GREAT game. How could anyone not like it? Black and white is more like the best game of all time not the worst.

Some of the worst:

Outpost 2
                            Test Drive: Off Road
                            CTP

Comment

WHAT? Someone gave TLJ 54%?? Idiots!

Btw, sequel coming.

Another fine pile of crapware is Hegemonia. Ok, it's got great eye-candy, but the game has VERY serious balance and gameplay issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Insigna
                                Black and White Was a GREAT game. How could anyone not like it? Black and white is more like the best game of all time not the worst.
                                The challenge of the game, was to keep awake...

Originally posted by Anun Ik Oba
                                WHAT? Someone gave TLJ 54%?? Idiots!

Btw, sequel coming.
                                Sequel? To TLJ? Sounds great... do you have a link?

Nevermind... found it here
                                Last edited by Adagio; March 10, 2003, 05:31.
                                This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X