Worst game ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst game ever?

What is the most dissapointing game you have ever played?

I'm not talking about some game you wouldn't like anyway... but some game that (if done right) could have become a great game, but for some reason they didn't do it right (bugs, annoying interface, etc)...

I'll come with mine later, I gotta go now...

Btw, this is no vote, you just write what game you're talking about, and why you think that game is a dissapointment...

EDIT:

Actually the thread should have said: "The most dissapointing game ever"...
    Last edited by Adagio; March 7, 2003, 17:59.
    This space is empty... or is it?

Anything from Microids

Syberia is probably the only decent game they produced ever
    I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

microids? Never heard of them...

One of the worst game I have ever played (and bought ), was American Dream...
      An unknown game, about creating some fast-food stores, near the dessert... On the slowest speed (Don't remember if you actually could change the speed), the only thing you could do, was in the "buy" area, since you had to keep clicking "buy", in order to buy something... What I bought, was sold the same second I clicked buy, so if I wasn't in the buy screen, I was loosing money...
      and this was in the beginning of the game... you could upgrade your fast-food store, but what's the point, when you sell faster than you produce (or should I say "buy" the food) with the smallest store avaliable...
      After 2 days, I figured it was wasted money... and I can't get refund back, when turning in the game

Comment

Star Wars Rebellion.
        It was a strategy game set in the Star Wars universe. How could it possibly be bad?

Well, the interface was so badly designed that it felt as though you were fighting the interface, not the game.
        The combat system was so lame that it was better not to use your fighters at all - they didn't affect the outcome of the battle at all, only wasting resources and dying.
        The AI was so inept that (playing as the imperials) I had built a deathstar in almost all the systems, just for something to do. I crushed the rebel fleet early, and they never recovered.
        The whole premise was also pathetic. Rather than the imperials starting with a majority of planets, especially all the core planets and the rebels occupying some outlying planets (as is the situation in the movies), both sides started out fairly similar in strength.

The whole thing had so much promise, and fulfilled so little of it.

I don't like this thread - now I'm depresed.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Skanky - I'd be more depressed thinking at the whole lot of bucks I wasted in crap games, 50$ each at least
          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Well, it has had a good benefit of making me more wary.
            2 years ago, I would have rushed to the store as soon as Moo3 was released. Instead, I waited for other people's reviews, possibly saving myself from wasting my money.

The last few games I have bought were only after I had played those games for a significant period of time.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
              The last few games I have bought were only after I had played those games for a significant period of time.
              Hehe I do that as well. Usually I want to play MP, so I have an incentive to buy the game properly if I like it.

Comment

Yes, Star Wars Rebellion (or Supremacy, as it was called in Europe) was a let down. I was working on a Civ2 ToT scenario that would replicate it (and which would in all honesty probably be better than the original) but never finished it.

I should dig it up from wherever it got to and try it again.
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I believe that Extreme Paintbrawl is widely believed to be the worst game ever.
                  Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Astrotit, Orbiter and some other pathetic EGA examples.

Comment

Most Star Trek games.

They sold on the basis of the Star Trek name rather than their quality. If done correctly you could make a good TBS, RTS or FPS out of them. Instead we got the likes of BotF and Armada.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I kinda liked Armada...it gave me a "star trek space combat with shields glowing" type of fix.

While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

quake 2? in all seriousiness, black and white!
                          Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Extreme Paintball is upthere. Pretty much anything from Valu-****.

Anything from Lucasarts is gonna suck...

But the worst was definetly Bf1942

Comment

Could you please write some specific reason, why you don't like the mentioned games?

Comment

Working...
                              X