I need a new game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by delmar
    Really guys, what do you think about GalCiv? Do you know about any GalCiv specific forum (maybe we should have one here)?
    ahem, there is a galciv forum here(not too active but a couple good threads) - http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisp...s=&forumid=174

Am I being suckered in by the marketing machinery here or what?!
    well, they do make it sound really good. everyone that has played the beta version has been very positive(i don't think i've seen a negative post), so i'm starting to believe what they say about it. even if only half is true it'll be an awesome game.
    Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

There are lots of potentially cool games being developed here. If only one is any good we'll all be happy.

Comment

Syberia was an interesting game demo.

It's an adventure game of the type that hasn't been seen in a while.

I haven't played the full game, but the demo was interestingly different.
        While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

I think that is out now......got a good review at gamespy.

Comment

Originally posted by pg

ahem, there is a galciv forum here(not too active but a couple good threads) - http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisp...s=&forumid=174
            Hey, thanks!
            Care for some gopher?

Did you know that in GalCiv, the AI makes you think you are playing against humans? Stop laughing, they mean it!!!

Comment

Hmm, then when my plan comes into operation, not only will I get an extra hour's sleep in the morning, but I will inconveniance the Canadians too!
              Actually, it's not too different from my normal routine.

The perks of being a university student...
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

get soul calibur II on march 27 2003.

You'll need a japanese playstation II, Gamecube or Xbox because it wont come out on US until august and I know you wont be able to wait that long...

trust me.... u will want it.

getting a mod chip is also a good idea, but dont mod xbox.. that bans you from using xbox live
                :-p

Comment

I d/l'ed the demo for Splinter Cell the other day. WOW! What a surprise! This game is much better than I expected it to be. The full game is being released today in theU.S., I'll be buying it before the weekend.

This is a very fun, atmospheric game. Give the demo a try, you'll probably end up buying it!

John-SJ

Comment

Splinter Cell rules.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

i played simcity2000 several times, enough to make me satisfied with it. First i played just to figure out how to get a city going successfully. Tehn i played attempting to get different types of cities - high population, very dense center, lots of subways, etc. Eventually i gave up on it, largely because the inability to build anything that resembled a reall city, due to the limited number of zone types, the tight zone proximity requirements, etc.

I have certainly played enjoyed Civ 2 aq great deal, and have played it vastly more than SC2000. OTOH I think of SC as more fruitful in its impact on gaming than Civ. Not only did SC inspire the City building genre, but Sid Meiers has indicated that it inspired Civ to a great degree as well. I certainly prefer the "Simcity-ish" aspects of Civ 2.

I never bought SC3000. I believe i am fortunate in that respect. Not that SC3000 was bad, but that the way Maxis has done incremental improvements, SC3000 was disappointing to a lot of SC2000 fans, and SC4 is disappointing to at least some SC3000 fans, but the combination of all the incremental improvements will make SC4 enough of a jump to satisfy an SC2000 fan.
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I says that usa want war,and why?

Because Iraq helps palestines!

Comment

Originally posted by ottok
                          I says that usa want war,and why?

Because Iraq helps palestines!

Are you sure you're in the right thread ottok?
                          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

Are you sure you're in the right thread ottok?
                            I think he knows exactly what he is doing. :suspicious:

Comment

I'll throw a plug in for Hitman2.The Metal Gear Solid of contract killing but since I never played MGS, I can't comment

Very interesting game.Open ended missions with MANY ways of completion.Quite abit different than anything I have played in past.The real aim is to avoid enemys rather than just mass extermination.Stealth is huge in this game.All manner of sneaky stuff..Oddly addictive and hours just seem to dissappear while playing.Beautiful graphics and a great musical score top off an intriguing storyline.
                              The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I thought Hitman had potential......but it had too many bugs and rough edges. I must have missed the release of Hitman2.....maybe I'll check it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X